ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can't click hyperlinks since iOS 9.3 upgrade

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
If I open safari, Google something I can't click any of the results, doesn't work.

Any ideas?

If I hold my finger on the link it crashes safari.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Any answers? I can google it but can't see what anyone says lol

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Do you not use the google chrome app?

I've hated safari for years and never have problems with chrome.

Can't help with the problem, but download chrome and see if you still get the error on that.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Google Crome does the same, However I can hold my finger on the link and open in new tab.

Doing that in safari just made it crash.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Does the same in eBay, I can't respond to any question as can't click the reply button! Ffs.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
With a laptop and everything?

Or you just mean turn it off and on again?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Easier for me to buy a new phone lol.

I'll fire up my 8 year old laptop then :(

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
Worldwide problem , experiencing the same. Now using google chrome which does it too. Now onto 'atomic web' app browser . Works perfect

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
And this is why I ignore the updates for at least a week. They never seem to go smoothly.

I normally do, but was hoping this would get rid of my battery problem! Which it has. Was charging phone 3 times a day!

dk

911 GTS Cab
And this is why I ignore the updates for at least a week. They never seem to go smoothly.
Nothing to do with iOS updates.

It's not an apple caused issue technically.

I had it on iPhone 6 running 9.3 first, then iPad pro running 9.21.

It's the booking.com app, they released an update that had a file that was too big for global links and fucked up a database in iOS.

Until Apple release an update, anyone with this issue is fucked unless you do a complete rebuild.

If you haven't got auto app updates on and have the booking.com app, don't update it and delete it, that will save you.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Oh and turning off java script in safari advanced options allows you to click on Google search results again but links in other apps still crash the app, and the web isn't as rich, a lot of stuff relies on java script including posting on Cliosport, you get a more basic view but it then uses the desktop Google search which is what allows the links to work again.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Yeah I have booking.com app, deleted it now but still no joy. So all I can do is wait until the ne t update? Great!

Unless I link it up to iTunes and do full restore?

Reactions: dk

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Nothing to do with iOS updates.

It's not an apple caused issue technically.

I had it on iPhone 6 running 9.3 first, then iPad pro running 9.21.

It's the booking.com app, they released an update that had a file that was too big for global links and fucked up a database in iOS.

Until Apple release an update, anyone with this issue is fucked unless you do a complete rebuild.

If you haven't got auto app updates on and have the booking.com app, don't update it and delete it, that will save you.

I didn't necessarily mean it was an apple related problem but regardless of cause or fault they don't go smoothly!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
My iPad works so I'll just manage until an update comes out.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I like the fact you can bypass the phone lock code...

Activate SIRI.
"What time is it?"
Click on the clock
Click on timer
Click on "when timer ends"
Click on "Buy More Tones"
Hit home button

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I like the fact you can bypass the phone lock code...

Activate SIRI.
"What time is it?"
Click on the clock
Click on timer
Click on "when timer ends"
Click on "Buy More Tones"
Hit home button

If that's actually true, why have the FBI been trying for ages to unlock the bomber guys phone?

dk

911 GTS Cab
an apple software engineer has just posted in my Facebook thread saying the below.

'iOS 9.3.1 will get pushed out in few days to fix all issues in iOS versions. Stay tuned!'

Reactions: DrR

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
Honestly, I think Gavin has hit the nail on the head. Saying that though I'm sure my mate unlocked mine...Too many shandy's probably.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Update to 9.3.1, phones working lush!

If the battery works ok this might be the last update my 6 gets.