ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Can I fail MOT on broken fog light?

STI JDM
Got my first MOT test since owning my car this thursday. I have one fog light out on my 02 ph2 172. Is this a failure? And has anyone got a checklist or website I can visit to see what I need in working order to pass or fail? thanks in advanced guys.

Da

Less
Not sure if they're tested to be honest as they aren't mandatory, just extras?

S2000
Neither of my foglights work and mine wasn't a fail. TBH I wouldn't expect it to be a fail but I don't know that with any certainty - no doubt someone will come along and tell you.

Da

Less
front fogs are an optional extra, whereas the rear has to have one by law. I don't believe the front ones will even be tested.

STI JDM
Cool, thanks for all your feedback. Sorry about the late reply but I went straight to bed after posting this. Those websites are really helpful though :)

RB 182 Cup
foglights arnt compulsary, not all cars have them, so they cant fail you if you have them and they dont work.

clio 182 black /gold
If it is not working it will fail. If any bulb is not working it will fail, or advise you to change it.

Not a Clio
think all cars legally have to have at least one rear fog? If 2 are fitted they both have to work. I may be wrong but I'm sure this is the case.