ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Car looked awesome on track mate. Can obviously peddle a bit too judging by the lead you pulled out :tongueout:. Couldn't believe how flat it cornered following you upto Donny.
Cheers mate. Haha! I'm still not 100% settled in with the car yet, but once I am there's definitely more speed to be found. It handles like maradonna! 😂

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Cheers mate. Haha! I'm still not 100% settled in with the car yet, but once I am there's definitely more speed to be found. It handles like maradonna! 😂
Was good travelling up with you mate. I destroyed a 220 trophy on the way back on the A42. Literally turned into a spec in the rear view mirror. Good day all round. :grinning:

-Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  172-E92 M3-ZT V8
Yeah it was nice to travel up together mate. Haha! I bet he was properly gutted as well!!
I think it took him a bit by surprise tbh as he was right behind me clearly accelerating hard. I dropped a gear and he then disappeared. Some mph later I slowed down to 70mph and he came past giving me the thumbs up. Must be a bit annoying been left for dead by a pesky old clio he he

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I think it took him a bit by surprise tbh as he was right behind me clearly accelerating hard. I dropped a gear and he then disappeared. Some mph later I slowed down to 70mph and he came past giving me the thumbs up. Must be a bit annoying been left for dead by a pesky old clio he he
Yeah it's always nice to show people up though ain't it!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Couple of pics for the album. :cool:
IMG_3769.JPG
Shamelessly stole this pic from off here ^^^
IMG_3788.JPG

^^^ I think that one shows off AG quite well considering it's an absolute wanker to show off the pearl in pretty much any photo!!

330mm bell and rotor setup are off the cards for the time being. I'm just going to stick with the tried and tested cup racer setup and see how we go.

More to come. :up:

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
I'm pretty sure that 330mm is the biggest you can get under the 17's mate tbh.

Mark, I'm sure Matt West has run 17" wheels on his Meg 250. Hes had that many sets of wheels though its hard to keep up lol.

I've still got those brand new 250 calipers boxed up if you want to give them a new home. :smile:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Mark, I'm sure Matt West has run 17" wheels on his Meg 250. Hes had that many sets of wheels though its hard to keep up lol.

I've still got those brand new 250 calipers boxed up if you want to give them a new home. :smile:
I think the Speedline's are the restriction on disc size tbh mate.

Let me know how much and I'll have a think! :up:

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
I think the Speedline's are the restriction on disc size tbh mate.

Let me know how much and I'll have a think! :up:
I had similar issues with 2500 on the Trophy mate, they are just no where near up for the job. I would however highly recommend the PAGID set up that the AG has on it just now, never failed at knockhill, which is hard on the car given weight and track..... the alcons also playing their part but the pads ran faultlessly all day with no fade etc..... biggest drawback is their price but, given your like me and do very limited mileage with it they will last a long time

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I had similar issues with 2500 on the Trophy mate, they are just no where near up for the job. I would however highly recommend the PAGID set up that the AG has on it just now, never failed at knockhill, which is hard on the car given weight and track..... the alcons also playing their part but the pads ran faultlessly all day with no fade etc..... biggest drawback is their price but, given your like me and do very limited mileage with it they will last a long time
You on pagid rs4-2's Craig?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
RS-19 front with big rotor set up, RS-2 rear with R26R discs, Mark
Ah right ok. I'm just going to run the standard discs front and rear, but get the J hook pattern machined into them like I had on the cup up front.
It doesn't feel as though the pads want to 'bite' the disc if you get me? Granted ds2500's up front are probably not the best choice up front for hauling the speed off on track though.
I ran the same setup on the cup (ds2500's all round) and you could definitely feel the pads biting the disc under heavy braking. Lighter car as well though!

R26R discs just have grooves in them don't they? I don't recall them being any larger in diameter.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator

Mr R.

ClioSport Club Member
  A special one.
Mark now I'm not track hero but I run Performance Friction in the impreza Z rated (I think they are) and I didn't have any problems at Bedford.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Mark now I'm not track hero but I run Performance Friction in the impreza Z rated (I think they are) and I didn't have any problems at Bedford.
Me neither mate, but the current setup on track was sometimes quite frankly pant shittingly worrying! Lol! I don't do last of the late brakers, it's just not my style, but the current setup wasn't ideal. I had to do some proper foot dancing with @Sunglasses_Ron in the car mate! Trying to haul it up and heal and toe was proving to be good fun! 😂

I'm confident the cup racer spec setup will be what I need tbh. When I went out with BIGASH in his cup racer, I was more than impressed.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Me neither mate, but the current setup on track was sometimes quite frankly pant shittingly worrying! Lol! I don't do last of the late brakers, it's just not my style, but the current setup wasn't ideal. I had to do some proper foot dancing with @Sunglasses_Ron in the car mate! Trying to haul it up and heal and toe was proving to be good fun! 😂

I'm confident the cup racer spec setup will be what I need tbh. When I went out with BIGASH in his cup racer, I was more than impressed.

It was bloody awesome!

I felt 100% safe at all times.

Great driving by @NorthloopCup !

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Shame.. it's not still with you, must have been such a weapon when everything was working.
Are you planning on taking the AG to the extreme as the cup ?
It is, but I don't miss it. It was a very fast little car in its final guise mate. Need to upload some of the in-car footage off the GoPro, it's just having time.
No mate. The AG is staying in the same condition as it is now, other than improving the brakes. There were only 55 AG 200's produced for the uk market, and only 2 of those had the black roof from the factory. Mine is 1 of those 2, so it was already a rare car, but that makes it even rarer I guess. Will it be worth any money in the future? I don't know tbh, and I don't really care. What I do know is that it's an absolute hoot to drive! Fcs was my first track time since the 'Ring trip, so it was a nice reintroduction to it. Once I'm settled in with the AG a bit more it'll be going to a certain circuit to kick the arse out of the mk2's lap time..