ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Seeing as we've had some decent weather today, I decided it was time to give the AG some proper attention.
I started off by going over the entire car with a clay bar and found that it's nice and clean tbh. This was the clay bar after doing the bonnet:
IMG_3241.JPG
Not much dirt at all!

I then set about masking it all up and removing the washer jets from the bonnet in preparation for attacking the car with my auto finesse revitalise kit and da.

The roof is black and had a lot of signs of swirls etc, so it was nice to see them disappear. No pics of during the 3 stage process, but here's some reflection shots from in the garage this evening.
IMG_3248.JPG
IMG_3249.JPG
IMG_3250.JPG
IMG_3251.JPG
Needless to say, I'm very pleased with the results!

I also fitted my new gear knob that I've had for a few weeks last weekend. Decided on the 'RS' aluminium gear knob, and it's definitely improved the gearshift.
IMG_3247.JPG

More to come.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Looking good. Is it totally impossible to capture the sparkle in alien green in photos? I was really surprised the first time I saw one in the metal as they always look flat in pics. This may be why more weren't sold in AG!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Great great work mate and thank you for looking after it :wink:
Cheers mate. :up:

Looking good. Is it totally impossible to capture the sparkle in alien green in photos? I was really surprised the first time I saw one in the metal as they always look flat in pics. This may be why more weren't sold in AG!
Yeah it's pretty much impossible to capture the true colour mate. Look loads better in the flesh.

Oooh nice. You still happy with it?

Amongst other cars I have been looking at the 200.
Cheers. Yeah still happy with it. Got a few other bits and pieces in the pipeline for it.

The 200's are a nice car mate. Totally different experience compared to the 1*2.
That's looks great mate. I love ag.
Thanks mate! Yeah I'm a fan of AG too! :cool:

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Are the gearboxes any better made than the 197 variant?

It's the only thing putting me off really.
Not really no, as it's essentially the same box with different ratios. But the parts are all available now to repair them once and for all as Renault have changed the synchros for the problematic gears.

Let's put it this way, the gearbox woes will be at the back of your mind once you drive one and realise just how well they handle. :up:

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Oh I'm sure, until the gearbox throws its hand in, lol.

I'm kidding. Do like the white ones, would probably be that colour if I went with one.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Oh I'm sure, until the gearbox throws its hand in, lol.

I'm kidding. Do like the white ones, would probably be that colour if I went with one.
I quite like the ultra red as well mate, but I knew that I wanted an AG when I went on the hunt. Mainly in the hope that it'll be worth something in the future, but also because I looked at them longingly when they were new to buy. Almost put an order in for one!

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Yeah ultra red is very nice too.

For say a 2009 ish with decent miles and all the doors still there, what would you say a sensible price is? 5500?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Had a few hours spare today, so made a start on making a few cosmetic changes to the 200.
The hub/disc centres were painted silver and I felt it stood out too much with the gloss black wheels.
Out with the old!
IMG_3441.JPG
IMG_3443.JPG
And in with the new!
IMG_3442.JPG
IMG_3444.JPG
I also took @Christopher 's advice and painted the spacers black. Looks a lot better!
IMG_3446.JPG

Next week will see the arrival of an akrapovic evolution and I might get the ds2500's ordered.

More to come.