ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brand new 182 Help with options!

Hi all

becoming a regular now!! i have decided against used 172 - really have heart set on a new 182!

I wondered, what is the Cup Suspension Pack on the standard 182? How much lower is it? guessing its a torsion bar at rear so you cant just change 4 springs at a later date??

This is gonna be a one time purchase and hope to have for a good few yrs! Help me with what i MUST HAVE - do like the Cup wheels and the otion is to have the front lip/bigger spoiler.

appreciate ANY comments

172 mk2

both otherwise youll wish u had!!

get the racing blue with stripes!!!

[Edited by howie p on 01 June 2005 at 6:12pm]

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by omar on 01 June 2005

Get a used 5 month old 182 and save a few £££ ;)
Yep - thats exactly what I did! Get both cup packs, but not stripes if you go for Racing Blue if youre planning on keeping it for a few years.

Oh, and the Cup suspension is about 3mm lower I think..hardly noticeable.

Inferno and Liquid Yellow are fab colours too though..

Well definately youve pursauded me with the pastal blue colour!

so both cup packs, the recaros are nice £550 isnt much for 2 awesome seats..but ill give that a miss. Must be brand new due to amazing deal on my current used car

*About suspension: so what to lower it is actually 4 springs? no need to touch the torsion bar like a 106/Saxo/206 etc?

One more quicky:

INSURANCE: as the 182 wont be a Cup model, but will have the Cup suspension and Cup wheels, kit etc...

How do you insure it? As a modified 182 and tell them its lowered with better wheels etc? Or do you just leave as a 182?

Factory fit options are not usually classed as "mods" so its just a 182 with factory options :cool:

Cya Stu

[Edited by stusV6 on 01 June 2005 at 7:56pm]

Silver 182 F/F

Read my insurance beware,i told my insurance company about the packs and its cost me,but on the down side if you dont tell the,and then if your in a accident and the investigators look at your car,they can be classed has a performance mod.Thats why my insurance company told me to include them.