ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Brakes sh**e

Clio 182
Just replaced my rear brakes(ktec discs & pads) and brake fluid(Castrol responce dot 4), now before i replaced them I was having major problems with brake fade. I put this down to my brake fluid(motul 5.1) been 1 year old old and the rear brake wore down, after putting the new brakes on and bleeding the whole system the brakes were excellent again... for about one week.
Now when i push the pedal in it seems to have no feedback and takes me to pump the brakes to get them to work! I haven't boiled the brakes and there's loads of meat left on the front. ABS also kicks in under light braking sometimes.

Spec's btw:
ferodo ds2500
brembo HC front discs
S/S braided lines
ktec rear discs & pads
castor response dot 4 fluid

what do you think?
pistons are in good condition, so are abs rings!

Regards

Charged Superleggera
sounds like you have a problem with your abs mate. could be a sensor or a cracked ring. does the abs warning light come on at all?

Clio 182
i was thinking air in the system but don't know how it's getting in :(

abs and serv light comes on usually after driving for a whilst on the motorway around 60 ish. Would an abs sensor cause this though?

Charged Superleggera
my abs senor warning lights is on and i have had it cliped into teh machine and it said it needs a new abs sensor. the abs sometimes kicks in randomly when i brake and it goes crzy in the snow. sometimes when i am driving and i brake progressivly to come to a stop eg at traffic lights the abs system thinks that i am skidding and it depreses the brake. might not be the same problem you are having but just wanted to share my experience. i would advise you to get it plugged into the machine