ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Blackberry 9900 battery life and hanging

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Picked up my new blackberry 9900 last week. It's a fantastic phone, however the great thing about the old blackberrys was the battery life kicked arse compared to iphones and the like. The new 9900 is terrible, possibly even worse than my old iphone 4. If I get half a day I'm lucky, and I don't have lots of apps open and I don't use it excessively.

Also it tends to hang quite often, just for 3 or 4 seconds, as if it is doing something in the background. I don't have much more open than bbm, facebook, browser and emails.

Has anyone else had similar problems?

my mate got one late november and his used to crash all the time,

for ever rebooting it,

and he said the battery life was aweful so he sent it to blackberry took 6 weeks to get it fixed hes just got it back and its exactly the same,

another mate of mine ha that hanging problem on his BB torch, and also the battery life was shocking until he updated it but now that also crashes all the time, and hangs on the main screen, such as he cant open messages on the screen even though he can scroll it just doesn't register the tap, and also the bar with the apps on that you pull up has nothing on it until he resets it via taking the battery out,

they both say they wish they had gone for a iphone as they are compatible with more stuff and the apps are better, the only reason they got them was for the keyboard

Z4
My girlfriend recently got a curve and has had a few problems with it, especially freezes up when using the camera etc.

O2 supplied the phone with the old software, you want an update!

Here's the instructions she gave me to tell you:

• http://us.blackberry.com/apps-software/desktop/desktop_pc.jsp
  • select pc or mac
  • click "download it today"
  • to clarify should be downloading Software Download for BlackBerry Support
  • then once downloaded
  • the newest software version should be 7.0 - 2259
  • can check the version on the phone by going to options (spanner) > Device > software updates, and will say at top: current version is... and if its
    less than 7.0 2259 would say download the desktop manager and can update through that.

Hope this helps mate.

172 Race Car
There is a 7.1 OS coming out soon, might be worth giving that a go. Im waiting for the Bold 9790 as I love my 9700 so want something as similar as possile.

BMW M6 & 172 Phase 1
Sorry only just come back to this thread. Thanks for the replies.

A day and a half with mine is impossible even if I never used it. However I do think that sitting in my office in Canary Wharf causes it to constantly look for signal as it's pretty bad here. That could be a reason as it happened with my iphone.

The software is up to date with the latest release so I'll pop back into Vodafone when I get the chance.

172 Race Car
No WiFi in your office?

Do these have UMA? My 9700 is great on WiFi for battery and signal. Still undecided about these as a few negative comments around about them. Interested in the 9790 when its out

ChrisR

ClioSport Club Member
Still love my 9900, had it since release.

Not even updated it at all yet, it's running fine so don't want that to change :p

Get a couple of days out of it.