ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Black and green ex-extreme 1.2 16v

If you like the green look why not go the whole hog!

6641219623_3bb05d609a.jpg

SIlly clio by sbridgey, on Flickr

thanks you made me realise how ott it was :) would you mind going back to the first edit you did rs grille not so much green and changing the wheels to black with green lip and then just doing the wing mirrors? please i would be very much obliged and it will be influential :D

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
thanks man and i thought of it :) need to get a popper system though so i can get that smoothed but have no idea where to start on that :S

ofcourse not :approve:

cut a diamond shape out of the middle of the autobot logo (the size of the button to open the boot) make the outer dimond flat/level so you can stick the autobot logo on then hey presto, you have a slightly OEM looking autobot badge/boot popper opener :p

obviously will need more thought than what i said but it has potential :)

mate, it looks crap. now i'm not hating on you my corsa did, took me a while at 17 to realise.... now this could actually work (trust me i'd know i'm green and black), subtleness is the key... remove all the tatt. i have a transformers sticker, but its hidden away, so i know its there. theres loads i could say but its whether your willing to listen or happy to go down your wn route. eitherway you seem pretty impressionable and level headed so good luck whichever way you take it...

dutty_112 is worth a search.

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
I don't hate it but the green grille and the silly badges on the back are shocking. Please don't make it look like that PS either :(

yeh its inside, underneath the gauges, about 3 people have spotted it. same with the classic silverstone stickers on the rear windows!

mate, it looks crap. now i'm not hating on you my corsa did, took me a while at 17 to realise.... now this could actually work (trust me i'd know i'm green and black), subtleness is the key... remove all the tatt. i have a transformers sticker, but its hidden away, so i know its there. theres loads i could say but its whether your willing to listen or happy to go down your wn route. eitherway you seem pretty impressionable and level headed so good luck whichever way you take it...

dutty_112 is worth a search.

thanks man i would appreciate anything you wanna say mate :) im open to opinions :D just want a sexy looking clio with this black and green scheme though open to changes :)

its litle things you need to do, colouring is cheap to do and easy. thats the thing, you need to save and take the time, you'll feel crap having to wait but anyone can walk into halfords and spend a tenner.

my opinion although not everyones would be to strip it back and fit a sports grill and find some decent springs or cheapish coilovers. then add litle bits of green like the badges and maybe a subtle green sticker in the wheels with the brand they are?

go outside now and remove the dub and transformer crap then get some silvervision indicators as no1 wants orange, silver, black and green combo ;) remove the plates for clean ones, hell i support LFC but know my limits haha... it wont take much to sort, i actually like the wheels although they'd look awesome in a matt or satin black.

good luck.

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
thanks you made me realise how ott it was :) would you mind going back to the first edit you did rs grille not so much green and changing the wheels to black with green lip and then just doing the wing mirrors? please i would be very much obliged and it will be influential :D

Like this (I am s**t at doing wheels by the way!)

6641322285_74f52e84a0.png

Clio ish by sbridgey, on Flickr

its litle things you need to do, colouring is cheap to do and easy. thats the thing, you need to save and take the time, you'll feel crap having to wait but anyone can walk into halfords and spend a tenner.

my opinion although not everyones would be to strip it back and fit a sports grill and find some decent springs or cheapish coilovers. then add litle bits of green like the badges and maybe a subtle green sticker in the wheels with the brand they are?

go outside now and remove the dub and transformer crap then get some silvervision indicators as no1 wants orange, silver, black and green combo ;) remove the plates for clean ones, hell i support LFC but know my limits haha... it wont take much to sort, i actually like the wheels although they'd look awesome in a matt or satin black.

good luck.

thanks :) im thinking like the edit sbridgey has just put up for me :)

Clio Mk2 Extreme
I can't comment on the car as I've not done anything with mine yet except *ducks for cover* dark lexus lights and a sub....... it's only my second car.Although after looking around this forum i'm starting to prefer my factory lights.

I've just purchased the Grille that spinksy had on the car intitially, I like it better than my standard grille. mk2 1.2 16v. So I purchased the cheaper alternative to an RS grill. £60 v £16. What's wrong with the grille? Except being bright green???????

Clio Mk2 Extreme

I mean the actual Grille not the fact that its green. haha Everyone seems to have the RS grille so I thought I'd go against the grain. (although the RS grille is by far the nicest and beefiest looking grille Ive seen.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
No accounting for taste these days. Sorry to say it, but I dislike this a lot! Smacks of chav to me. But, as said, it's your car, so enjoy, I guess.

LOL at the couple pic though

M3, Cup racer'd 182
thats gunna look well tidy mate :) how much were the wheels youve got and is it a pain in the arse to paint the 16v bit cz im just gunna do that instead of the full strips and the stripes im still deciding on :/ but i can see how nice its gunna look when yours is resprayed :) and thought about all the different options for the wheels but the green lip is the best i could come up with as they are bronze with a chrome lip atm and the chrome is battered (got them second hand) but if it helps to picture it better the wheels will be colour coded properly to the car and the grill for the black and green respectively :D

but they will look a bit funky on the pic as im not brill with photoshop and i couldnt get any of the greens to match the grill etc but it doesnt help that i shopped what i could see of my calipers on the front :/

Cheers mate i'm hoping to get it finished and on the road soon for run to the sun :), as for the wheels they were £375 new (no tires) but they were white, so sprayed them myself to go with the theme.

The bullets on the other hand was a pain in the arse not only was it a nightmare to mask off the lettering but to keep the paint nice and thin so there was no major lip.

I think the second pic that was photoshopped (green lip, mirror covers, RS grill) looks a much better idea concidering the lips needs doing.

Good luck

Cheers mate i'm hoping to get it finished and on the road soon for run to the sun :), as for the wheels they were £375 new (no tires) but they were white, so sprayed them myself to go with the theme.

The bullets on the other hand was a pain in the arse not only was it a nightmare to mask off the lettering but to keep the paint nice and thin so there was no major lip.

I think the second pic that was photoshopped (green lip, mirror covers, RS grill) looks a much better idea concidering the lips needs doing.

Good luck

il probs not even do the lettering then :L just stick with the second pic sbridgey put up (before it disappeared? :S)

RS grille, wheels done, wing mirrors, calipers and lowered :D

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
il probs not even do the lettering then :L just stick with the second pic sbridgey put up (before it disappeared? :S)

RS grille, wheels done, wing mirrors, calipers and lowered :D

Which one has disappeared?

sbridgey

ClioSport Club Member
  disco 4, 182, Meglio
the last one mate where you shopped the wheels aswell :S i think thats the winner to be honest with one addition thanks to mace (green cartoon characters bombed on the roof)

im going to use your picture to get my car looking perfect mate :)

This one?

6641322285_051d5ccbaa.jpg

Clio ish by sbridgey, on Flickr

5927117732_0f3e7841da_z.jpg
5937775923_a31aba5485_z.jpg
189176_1833011898454_1035094391_2173326_6289301_n.jpg

OEM > Tat.

Lose all stickers and transformer s**t and it will look nice.
New numberplates, colour code, etc.

bg 182
its a 1.2! why would you want to waste all you money on a car that will be worth bugger all and look terrible. Personally id stop wasting your money and save up. I know it sucks and its fun to spend your money on your car but when you have a 172 or 182 sitting on your drive you be well chuffed with yourself and look back and think what were you thinking. if you look at all the really nice cars on here they are subtle, minor modifications. if you are obsessed about doing something then be original everyone paints their mirror, wheels and diamonds etc, be original get some decent alloys and lower it till its rubbing get rid of all the loud colors and shitty stickers badges etc just keep it simple. OR ignore everyone like me on here and do what you want your the one driving it!

Liquid Yellow R27
Enjoyed reading through this thread. I understand going mad with your first car. I plastered mine in stickers and stuff as it was cheap and easy. I wouldn't change anything I did because it was fun, unique and made me smile. I now own a 182 that I'm chuffed with and look after properly.

Do what makes you happy dude, but taking some advice on here could really pay off and make it look smart without spending a lot :)

Enjoyed reading through this thread. I understand going mad with your first car. I plastered mine in stickers and stuff as it was cheap and easy. I wouldn't change anything I did because it was fun, unique and made me smile. I now own a 182 that I'm chuffed with and look after properly.

Do what makes you happy dude, but taking some advice on here could really pay off and make it look smart without spending a lot :)

glad to see you got where im coming from mate, but iv taken the advice and im just wainting on money to get it all done :D its gunna be similar to the one that jake posted, just with my wheels like in the shopped image, and my green bit behind the diamond instead of the diamond being green, but its gunna get slammed!! ;) once the car is done im gunna save to buy a gordini so il have 2 clios :D

as promised guys here are some of the steps (apart from the painting as i only had 2 hands :L one for the part and one for the rattle can)

still got older pics to upload and they will be up shortly

402459_2735737487046_1665603630_2431586_685528539_n.jpg

383950_2735833049435_1665603630_2431606_479425160_n.jpg

397331_2735742807179_1665603630_2431587_4780030_n.jpg

403694_2735734206964_1665603630_2431585_248252686_n.jpg