ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG 182

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Great work there, I wouldn't have a clue when it comes to jobs like that so saved yourself a few quid there!

The red on the callipers looks a good finish as above
Cheers mate! I really enjoy getting hands on with this sort of thing, and to be honest you only learn through doing.

I was pleasantly surprised with the paint too, as that's only 1 coat! Didn't want to go overboard as it's not needed and just peels.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Awesome work mate, top job.
Appreciate the kind words buddy :D I have lots of plans but little funds! haha.

Forgot to mention i removed the boot trim and sanded back my earths as had been getting intermittent fog dash lights on braking. Why did Renault put them directly below plastic bungs which let water in?

Inferno 182
Looks good. Where did the RS 182 decals come from? Thought about these myself.
Also do you have a link for the USB socket? Cheers

Last edited:

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Been a while since an update, and there's isn't a huge lot to report. I finished university which has been a big thing, with my graduation next month! 3 years has flown.

Car wise, I've got my hands on a scenic shifter which I'm going to modify into my own BMS style (Shorter shift, stiffen mod, more bend).
I bought this kit - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131661947064?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT
Which comprises of all new parts which help to stiffen up the shifter. The rubbers are far tougher and harder to flex around compared to what was on before and for the price it's worth doing. I bought a quaife style knob as I love the look (http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/231987741371?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT). Yet to bend the shaft itself, but will add some pictures when I do. Hoping to turn a piece of aluminium on a lathe to add a nicer chrome shaft over the plastic renault one which looks a bit crappy however that will do for now.

Inside the car there's a new (to me) headunit as I just fancied a change and it came up cheap from a member on here. A pioneer that has bluetooth, hands free, cd player, USB input and all that good stuff with the added bonus that I don't lose the functionality of the satnav system. I am keeping all the original stuff for the future if I ever want to revert back to how it was with it being slightly rarer.

I also changed my front lower balljoints on both sides to some new lemforders which solved the knocking I had been experiencing from my front end. Nice and simple job that has improved the car quite a bit (worth it to get rid of the knock alone).

34691935690_d9eeb82dff_c.jpg
20170531_154141 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

I had also found that my engine mounts were not torqued up properly, and there was no washer/flanged nut where there should have been which had led to chavelling up the mount. I retorqued it all and added a washer, so fingers crossed that is solved. Not sure whether this was recent or with a PO but it had clearly moved enough to dent the mount from the torx bolts.
34609193140_8c5310a288_c.jpg
20170530_203737 by Louis Walker, on Flickr
Is it common for these to become loose with the added vibrations from the engine through KTR mounts? I had my belts done at Micks recently and presumed he torqued it all up correctly?
There are also some pin pricks in my CV boots and a slight split, so I bought some stretchy replacement boots from JR on ebay. I'll let you know how I get on with fitting those and whether they last, but @leeds2592 had a good experience with his and they were only a fiver.

Another thing that turned up today was this lovely heal and toe pedal (that CSOC don't believe exist...) that I will fit when I find my rivet gun.
Cheers @andy_con

34691932980_b246512240_c.jpg
20170603_235535 by Louis Walker, on Flickr

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Ebay or elsewhere? I was going to try some breakers for one. Seems if it's going in a 1*2 the price gets silly.
This was from a breaker on ebay. Lots of people I messaged breaking mk1 scenics didn't have the gearsticks. This one had a pristine boot as well though so can't complain too much.
What type of knocking did you have Louis?
When going over bumps in the road and speed bumps it would knock from the offside quite loudly. The old ball joints felt knackered and had a fair bit of play.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
@Louis don't forget you'll need some big ass circlip pliers to fit those new ball parts to the scenic shifter.
Got the circlip out with some needle nose pliers easily enough mate.

Heard what resembled a knock whilst reversing onto my driveway today... maybe balljoints didn't cure it. I did tighten the top mounts and engine mount at the same time though so maybe one of those. Fingers crossed it was just stuff i had in the boot clunking.