ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BG 182 55 reg

Clio 182 black gold
Afternoon all!

Very new to this site, brought my self a Clio 182 all of 3 days ago nice little example (I think/hope)
Full service history
Full fat in the lovely colour black gold

Car seems good so far not drove it a lot yet as I use work van, I know exhaust is blowing was when I brought it. So have just picked up my new scorpion rs192? I think it's called today, which is being fitted tomorrow

Service kit arrives tomorrow, along with a couple of cleaning products (looks like it's been abused by hand car washes all its life! So I have a nice weekend planned but here's some pictures from the day I picked her up. Shall update as I go along and any advice is ALLWAYS welcome. BRING ON THE WEEKEND

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 93
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 102
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 86
  • image.png
    image.png
    1 MB · Views: 82
  • image.png
    image.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 79
  Clio 182 black gold
Is it not? Sure that's what he called it on phone, never mind it's fitted lovely, lined upto the hole perfect... And I tell you what. This noise when you give it a little some can be addictive I won't lie! Hopefully weather holds off today gonna attempt oil change, look at my cv boot, and give me cloudy head lights a good sand!

Clio 182 black gold
Don't say that, I've drive her home from the garage that's it. So not had chance for a proper drive yet

Yeah that exhaust looks a huuuuge improvement, nice and shiney! :up::up:
Maybe get some powerflex exhaust hanger bushes in the future? They hold my milltek in really tight with no flex

As a side issue, what's the rusty metal bar on the old exhaust going across both tail pipes? Standard? Never seen that before as the exhaust wasn't the original when I bought my 182

Clio 182 black gold
Well I'm gonna give it a couple of weeks, few drives in it see how it sounds to me. If I got a resonated pipe guessing that would make it quieter?

Clio 182 black gold
Well a productive day today. First off started with looking at my cv boot, it had just slipped off not split so little bit of grease and a bodge it tie wrap and that's sorted
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
(Shocking pictures but did best I could)
Then set about doing an oil change thanks to a little guide from here! Very useful
image.jpeg
From the looks of oil it needed doing!
While doing the oil change also noticed this?
image.jpeg
Somehow that's broke? Not sure what to do with this though...
Then spent rest of the day giving her a good clean inside and out. Not polish or wax just a very good clean. Shall upload some of them pictures later.

While doing cv boot I notice my disk are ready for a change. Any recommendation for front disk and pads? Or just straight original best route?

Clio 182 black gold
BG is the best shade of clio. Exhaust looks lots better, hope it sounds it too!
It does sound nice I have to admit, not sure if it's too loud gonna give it couple of weeks see how it goes, first time I've actualy seen the gold in it today while washing. It desperately needs a good polish its swirled to high heaven! Been hand car washed all its life I think

Clio 182 black gold
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Pictures make paint work look lot better than it is!! But I'm glad I've gave it a good clean, done all door shuts around boot around bonnet just a general good clean which it needed!

Next on list this week is the headlight treatment found some good guides on YouTube doesn't look too hard

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Your system is the SRN019 buddy. I believe its the revised one too.

Also, with a headlight correction, get yourself some various grades of wet & dry. Start off with 1200, then, 1500, then 2000 and possibly 2500. Use plenty of hot soapy water. Finish off with some G3 scratch remover and super resin polish. All can be bought from halfords.

Clio 182 black gold
Your system is the SRN019 buddy. I believe its the revised one too.

Also, with a headlight correction, get yourself some various grades of wet & dry. Start off with 1200, then, 1500, then 2000 and possibly 2500. Use plenty of hot soapy water. Finish off with some G3 scratch remover and super resin polish. All can be bought from halfords.

Sandpaper check!
Super resin polish check!
I'll pop by tomorrow get some scratch remover then just a few hours elbow grease! Should change the look of the front end! Then I'll change the horrible yellow fogs and main bulbs to match the lovely white xenons! Slowly but surely it will looks nice I'm in no rush it's winter lol

Clio 182 black gold
Plans sound good buddy, great colour when looked after (mine sadly doesn't fall into the category at present!).

@George@RTR_Parts is your man for brakes, incredible service, standard rears along with brembo hc front disks and your preference of pads will see you right .

The ecu bracket is a common problem, seems 99% of them are like that.

Keep us updated

So ecu bracket is nothing to worry about? Just messaged him about the brakes to get some prices cheers pal!

^ Yep mines in the not shiny camp too. I need to polish my offside headlamp, makes a big difference to the look when the yellow is cleared off.

I'm hoping so and for a few quid on products and some elbow grease it should look a lot better

Keep the original badges on the back too, looks good :up:

Yeah original badges are staying gonna get some cotton buds out when I detail so I can get right in between and clean them properly!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Good to hear the cv was an easy fix, get yourself a proper clip/jubilee clip though.

Give the exhaust time. When I first got my 182 I thought my Piper exhaust was waaaaay too loud but it's massively grown on me and I want it louder now so looking to decat. If it's brand new it could need time to bed in as well. If you're still not happy, I'm sure Scorpion do a silencer pipe.

Clio 182 black gold
Good to hear the cv was an easy fix, get yourself a proper clip/jubilee clip though.

Give the exhaust time. When I first got my 182 I thought my Piper exhaust was waaaaay too loud but it's massively grown on me and I want it louder now so looking to decat. If it's brand new it could need time to bed in as well. If you're still not happy, I'm sure Scorpion do a silencer pipe.

Any idea where to get the proper clip from? Seems quiet large for a jubile clip?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Any idea where to get the proper clip from? Seems quiet large for a jubile clip?

Can get them from a few places mate, just search on eBay and they'll come up. Need a specific tool to tighten them correctly though.

I've got a jubilee clip on mine and it's been fine. Will get the size of what I've got on mine the next time I get chance.

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
As said by Justin above ^ Get yourself the proper clip and do it properly mate. That will come off in no time at all and you're back to square one.

The tool is mega cheap on ebay look for cv boot pliers

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
View attachment 165725
Somehow that's broke? Not sure what to do with this though...
Lol - I think mine broke in exactly the same spot about three years after I had it. To be honest, I'm amazed it lasted that long - wafer-thin metal, retained in place while the rest of the engine attached to it has the ability to flex and move on the mounts.

I just clamped the broken bit between two bits of scrap metal - effectively two oversized washers - then tightened them with the nut and bolt combo to the right. Seems to work ok.

Clio 182 black gold
As said by Justin above ^ Get yourself the proper clip and do it properly mate. That will come off in no time at all and you're back to square one.

The tool is mega cheap on ebay look for cv boot pliers

Ordered my self a couple of jubilee clips. Got brakes to change next week so when I do I'll bang on on both sides!

Lol - I think mine broke in exactly the same spot about three years after I had it. To be honest, I'm amazed it lasted that long - wafer-thin metal, retained in place while the rest of the engine attached to it has the ability to flex and move on the mounts.

I just clamped the broken bit between two bits of scrap metal - effectively two oversized washers - then tightened them with the nut and bolt combo to the right. Seems to work ok.

I should have a new one arriving in the next day or to so should be all sorted. But if it's that bad and that thin might have to doctor something to make the none broken one stronger like you have!

Darren S

ClioSport Club Member
One thing I'd suggest of you're doing your own servicing is to drop and replace the gearbox oil. I sound like a broken record on here about changing it, but it transformed the feel and accuracy of selecting gears for me.

Clio 182 black gold
I love coming home to parcels! Feel like a kid!
image.jpeg

Just wanna give a shoutout to @George@RTR_Parts
Order yesterday late afternoon and received today. Spot on, couldn't ask for better! Price is very decent too!

Bring on next free day to slap these bad boys on

Clio 182 black gold
One thing I'd suggest of you're doing your own servicing is to drop and replace the gearbox oil. I sound like a broken record on here about changing it, but it transformed the feel and accuracy of selecting gears for me.
It's on the list mate! And on the list before the 4th November as I have first track day booked. Don't spose anyone has a guide? Or few pictures I could follow?

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Yep, make sure you have a drill on hand ready to drill the existing retaining bolts out that you will no doubtably round whilst trying to get them out.

Clio 182 black gold
Exact same set up as I went for on the fronts, if yours are anything like mine were the new retaining bolts will be a god send!

Yep, make sure you have a drill on hand ready to drill the existing retaining bolts out that you will no doubtably round whilst trying to get them out.

I'm brimming with confidence now thanks to you 2! Cheers lads hahaha

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Tbf, on the passenger side of mine, one came out easy peasy but the other one was stuck in good and proper and rounded pretty easily.