ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Beta Testers Needed

Black Gold Cup Packed 182
Is there anyone on iOS that wants to join a beta test for a game I have made. It's a sci-fi themed tick based MMO, I've got 8 testers so far looking to have about 20. If there's any interest let me know.

Cheers

Lol. It is a text based game based in space. Each player has their own planet that they build up, ie, research and construction etc. the further you progress you can produce new ships etc to attack other planets, the aim of the game is to steal other planets asteroids, which produce resources, which you use to build a bigger fleet.

It's an MMORPG (Massive Multiplayer Online Role Playing Game)

For anyone that is interested and willing to help out this is the link to sign up to testflight, then I can register your device and add you to the team :)

http://tflig.ht/1hMjy7b

Last edited:
As a bonus your UDID will be registered with my dev account so you will have access to iOS betas, should you want them :)

Arctic Blue 182
Cooling. I played from the 1st round till about round 5 i think. Not going back to the days of getting up at 4am to launch a fleet!!! i'm saying that much now!

It doesnt seem to like my password on this test flight thing?

U have registered fine as it has come up on my end, u havnt added a device tho, you need to open on ur device.

I'm planning to start ticks for the beta on Monday, going to be 15 min ticks for a week or so.

Arctic Blue 182
yeah thats whats failing with the password. Just changed it on the site will try again on the iphone

Arctic Blue 182
ok im locked out for an hour now. Defo putting in the same password as i did on the site so not sure what wrong :(

Ok mate, I don't have any control over that, I've added u to the team, once u get logged in with device it will be added to my dev acc. No rush, not starting til Monday.

Arctic Blue 182
ok so it wanted my phone password for some reason. anyway cant see your app at the mo. maybe an email coming but atleast it installed now

Someone called simon has signed up, but hasn't added a device. You need to open the email up using your device and it will ask if you want to add the device. :)

Wicked, ill be adding a new build shortly and adding all new tester to it, u will receive an email when its up. Ticks will be starting at 8pm.

Need 1 more tester to make 5 galaxies with 4 planets in each.

You all should have received an email from testflight. If not just open testflight on your devices and there should be a build available, download and sign up :) bare in mind that it is a beta test and there will be bugs :) please report all feedback, or any questions

Galaxia is a tick based tactical/strategical war game in a SciFi environment.

The major goal (besides having fun) is to reach rank #1 in universe ranking or at least a good position in it. To achieve this you need score which is in turn a result of spending resources (named: Iridium, Thorium or Elixium) and building Spaceships and military equipment.

Resources are mined on initiliazed Asteroids floating around your planet. These asteroids may be found in deep space by using appropriate scans or by attacking other planets in the universe using Astropods, a specialized ship for transporting asteroids to your home planet. To support your astropods you could (and should) send other ships along to destroy or distract enemy forces.

The different types of implemented ships are divided in several classes (see MilStats) which can attack (or stunn using EMP) a distinct class of ships. To build these ships you have to research the appropriate knowledge and construct (see Res/Con) some industrial production place.

In turn, being attacked yourself, you may build a "Planet Defence System" (PDS) or a big fleet to defeat any attacker.

Planets are grouped together in galaxies (and may not attack each other) which in turn are grouped into clusters forming the universe.

First initiate at least 2 roids (look at #9)

1) goto "Construction" and build "Mining Facility"
2) goto "Research" and research "Energy Field Fluctuations"
3) goto "Resource" and initiate 3 "Thorium" roids

You have to wait a few ticks

4) goto "Construction and build "Digital Amplifier"
5) goto "Research" and research "Thorium Extraction"

wait a few ticks again

6) goto "Construction" and build "Thorium Refinery"
7) goto "Research" and research "Commodity Patterns"

the "Commodity Pattern" is the most important research as you need it to build "Asteroid Scans" when your "News" show you that the "Commodity Patterns" is finished you should

8) goto "Waves" to make new "Wave Amplifier" and "Asteroid Scan" to gain new Asteroids (to gain more resources). Build about 3 "Wave Amplifier" (to make your scans more succesfull) for every "Asteroid Scan".

after 6 ticks your first "Asteroid Scan" are ready and you should launch them.

9) goto the "Resource" to initiate your roids (initiate = choose which resource should be mined from the asteroid)

You should initiate the first 14 roids (short form of Asteroids) in the following way:

1 T
2 T
3 T (the 3 roids you have at the start)
4 E
5 T
6 E
7 T
8 T
9 E
10 T
11 E
12 T
13 T
14 T
(M = Iridium, C = Thorium, E = Elixium).

The 15th up to the 50th roid should go into Iridium roids.

10) now you should make the decision what you want to research/construct first.
10a) bigger ships (beyond DE class) is usually not worth it as you will not have the resources to build them in bigger numbers.
10b) ETA researches are very important at the start if you playing with your friends or an alliance because they lower your eta so you can send defense faster.
10c) PDS research is the most important if your playing solo. a good pds mix guarantees you a night with alot of sleep and no incomings.
10d) the resources research are always worth it but at the start the other const/res are more important.

Finally: initiate up to 100-200 roids and then start attacking (with astropods) to gain new roids.

Start up guide.

We have a whatsapp group with about 12 testers in, if anyone wants to join it.

Arctic Blue 182
Was just about to ask if you wanted some. Also pm me your number and I'll join the WhatsApp.

Like the app its got a good pa feel to it.
All comments are me using an iPhone 5

Some text doesn't wrap properly when reading in system message. So you can't see ticks remaining till completion.

Be nice to be able to clear news

Perhaps have current resources easier to see or check. Either hard code it to the top of every page or at least show when you go to buy things.

Overview page doesn't need drop down boxes. You could just lay all that info out in a nice consecutive manner. Maybe if your worried about clutter allow people to edit what they see on the overview in options/setting.

Not being a coder not sure how easy/hard any of these are but hopefully that's all constructive stuff for you mate.

Also just noticed that clicking the hostiles button (as I have some) crashes the app (swipe right to left that menu)

Last edited: