ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best products for Ultra Red

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Hi all... as some of of you may know i recently got an Ultra Red R26.

The car is really clean, no marks or dents on it at all, but theres alot of swirls.

Im not really that clued up on my products, so im basically looking for someone to point me in the right direction.

I need some shampoo, cleanser/polish, glaze, wax and sealants. All my current products are knackered so i'd like to buy new stuff for the meg!

Also, i dont mean to sound like a dick but If going to answer here, please dont use abbreviations as i dont know what your on about :l

Thanks!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
No one? :eek:

Swirls are really bad actually, just been out playing about with some stuff which hasnt helped really. Needs machined!

I'll get the ball rolling for you.

Shampoo - Dodo juice born to be mild
Tar remover - Tardis
De contaminate - Iron X
Clay - Blit hammer
Lube - Demonshine(original pink stuff) 1/1 with water. Doubles up as a Quick Detailer.
Polish - I really like black fire enhancing polish but for the price go with AF Tripple.
Wax/Sealnt - on Red vics concours looks awesome durability isn't brilliant but topping it with C2v3 will help.

If you don't have a machine polisher the best you can do is a lake country hand pad with some menzs 203s to try and remove swirls.

Don't forget wheels, microfibres, drying towel, applicator pads, 2 bucket method, wash mitt etc

Hope that helps, may kick off some other responses.

Last edited:

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Thanks Jay!

Ive got buckets, microfibres a machine and a couple of 3M pads(fine and ultra fine), i need to get a few new pads though, which would you reccomend?

Wheres the best place to get all the above? Is there a decent website for products etc? Obviously i can go to each site and order seperately but is there somewhere i could go and order all of them at the same time?

Thanks!

Check:-

http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/
http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/

You should pick most of it up from there, the others just get from eBay with free P&P. Demonshine is usually on offer at a supermarket a very underrated product IMO.

I'm new to machine polishing but gally recently recommend me some chemical guys hex logic pads, so maybe check them out.

There is a lot of waxes that will look great. Try searching a few old wax threads, I prefer spray on sealants for ease of use and time. Vics is a very oily wax and will help fill a few swirls etc and give a nice deep shine.

Golf GT & A4 Avant
For swirly ultra red I'd personally be looking at filler heavy glossy cleansers or glazes, topped with a nice rich wax. AF tripple all in one and temptation wax will leave a great finish and easy to use, vics concourse is any good but cheap alternative.

Maybe step up to something mildly abrasive like lime prime or vics cleanse as they seem quite oily whilst the mild abrasives will help clean up the paint a little while still filling a little

Golf GT & A4 Avant

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah i did notice the finer grades aswell, SSR1 and 2. I dived in at 3 :s

Ive got a small bottle of P1 that i bought a while back but i need more abrassive pads i think, it didnt really get much correction using the fine pads.

Thanks again for the info!