ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Best Jacking points on 172?

C

Cupster

Hi

I will be under the cup on Sunday and do not trust the renault jack tbh.

So, I'm picking up a trolley jack tonight and was wondering where the best place is to jack that sucker up?

I have some stands aswell so any advice of where to place these would also be useful. I am only in need to get one side up at a time and will be changing the front brake caliper sliders and painting all four calipers btw!

Thanks y'all!

C

Cupster

Search rules:

The best place to jack it is on the box sections, pay the membership & theres a bit in the guide section with pics :)

Those lips are only there in the event of a spare tyre change, constant up & down will destroy them..

Looking in the guides now.......

BMW M135i
Carefully jack off the sills and axle stands on the chassis legs is what I always do at the front. Jack off the beam and stands on the sills at the back. Never had a problem and never bent one yet.

ValverInBits
my chassis legs made scary noises when i tried to use axles stands on em. Take it down really slowly. I now stand the car using blocks of wood on axles stands on the jacking points.
Really annoying car to jack imo

C

Cupster

^^ As in the normal/standard jack points? - no way!!

Gonna go for the chassis beams like in the guide.