ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Belt change - took much longer than quoted

182 Cup
Quick question.

Renault quoted just under 6 hours for the full belt change, ultimately it took them 8.5 hours. Are they likely to make an attempt to charge me more for the extra time even though the job was priced at £362 before they started? This left me carless overnight and luckily I was able to make use of my work van to get home, could I use this to screw a discount out of them?

Want to have my ammunition gathered up before I go in.

Thanks

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
£362........ for a belt change?

Awaits the crys of "Your timing will be out at that price"

182 Cup
Local Renault dealer are running an offer on servicing to get people in through the doors. They are a well respected dealer in the area.

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Parts cost more than half of that ! They have never done a 1*2 cambelt before then if they gave you that price LOL
then again if thats what they quoted thats all you should pay there fault not yours , did they do aux belt and all the tensioners too ?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
So you haven't been landed with a larger bill yet ?

If it's fixed price, then it's a fixed price.

Their problem it took longer than they assumed.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
they cant charge you more than what they quoted you due to their incompatence. if they try tell them to beat it.

182 Cup
Thanks folks, thought that myself. WIll give them s**t about being left carless even though i was already taking the work van home anyway, see what happens.

Yes, it's for the full cam/aux/tensioner kit.

A few of the Renault dealers in NI are running these offers to try and increase their service sales.

Trophy Turbo :)
Half decent price from a dealer thats may be why its took longer.

example

Half price MOTS here £25 - But we will fail it on any tiny bit and rob you to fix it ;) Thats my motto.

PB Clio 172
Parts cost more than half of that ! They have never done a 1*2 cambelt before then if they gave you that price LOL
then again if thats what they quoted thats all you should pay there fault not yours , did they do aux belt and all the tensioners too ?

why have a go at the op just because he got a cheaper price than you? You can get this cheap as I have had mine done by a well known company(and I know the manager)

Mine cost less than this and they did a proper job

just because the op got it cheap does not mean its half a job does it !

182 Cup
Car back now, running well and it's amazing to finally be free of the whining from the engine caused by a pulley. I asked him about the good price and he said that they were doing whatever they could to get some work, big savings on brakes and belt changes.

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
so they charged you the price they stated then? job done.

182 Cup
Yep, £360 in the end, in my glee at it running so well I lost the heart to abuse them for leaving me carless last night. The dealer is Shelbourne Motors, about 30 miles from Belfast.

Clio 172
That's a really good price, I need my dephaser done and for that and a cam belt I was quoted 600 quid although the cam belt hasn't long been done on my clio

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Im sorley tempted to come over and have this done at the end of the month..
could take her to the Titanic musem!

did u say your in glasgow? why not just go to swr autos in stirling? they charge 380 iirc for both belt kits using genuine renault parts and are highly recommended, lots of people including me from scotland have used them.

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
did u say your in glasgow? why not just go to swr autos in stirling? they charge 380 iirc for both belt kits using genuine renault parts and are highly recommended, lots of people including me from scotland have used them.

I did indeed mate... I think ive heard of SWR actually! I gather their pretty good? £380 sounds very decent!

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I would be mate but she want's to go to Ireland anyway so was factoring that in... Stirling is ideal tbh. If its around £380 then fair enough i can live with that..

Kenny Brown motorsports in Hillington Estate are a bit on the expensive side!