ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

been playing on the rota virtual wheel bay...

clio 182
what do you think? am after a j-euro look.
since c'ing another clio on here a black one thought id seen what some slipstreams look like on mine. slipstreams are 4x100 16x7
rotaslipstreamblack16x7fit.jpg
rotaslipstreamsilver16x7fit.jpg
rotaslipstreamblackredlip16x7fit.jpg
rotaslipstreamblackgreenlip16x7fit.jpg

already done a few photoshop's of the gt3s already and they were my fav's, clio fitment.
rotagt3red16x7fit.jpg
rotagt3green16x7fit.jpg

some grids, may be not green but in a different colour... clio fitment
rotagridgreen16x7fit.jpg

wanted to stay 16s but these are 15s n i like them but couldnt find them in the alloys section?? think they are 15x7 4x100 fitment
rotagreenclubstar.jpg

these are sdx, fitment size 17x7.5 and 5x114, need adaptors but think they'll b too big?
rotaSDXblackredlip.jpg

loving these tho, the grid drift bronze (might have a colour change) 16x8 and 4x114, would need adaptors tho but i think it could be worth it...
rotagridbronze16x84x114.jpg

again i love these wheels GTR's but they r 17x9s and 5x114 :( would be a right ballache to fit but would look amazing! had to see what they looked like..
rotaGTRsilver17x95x114.jpg
rotaGTRgunmetal17x95x114.jpg
rotaGTRblack17x95x114.jpg

before the Turini police come and get me, am NOT interested! as every1 has them n i want something thats different, am not a sheep.

comments welcome

Black Clio GT
pcd is not only the problem, the offset will have to be near standard clio to be abke to get the adaptors on and not have the tyre sticking out a country mile..............

clio 182
rotagt3red16x7fit.jpg

gotta be they wheels mate :approve:

yeah one of my fav's could end up like this tho...
cliowheelsrotagt3withcolourcodingro.jpg

am liking these tho

will be a ballache to fit but would look ace.

pcd is not only the problem, the offset will have to be near standard clio to be abke to get the adaptors on and not have the tyre sticking out a country mile..............

would they stick out that fair?

these do look good!

clio 182

how would i go about getting these to fit?

they are 16x8 with a 4x114 pcd (i have found somewhere to get 4x110 to 4x114 adaptors) and an et10, et20, et30, et35.

any help welcome has i havent a clue cheers

Black Clio GT
you would have to get the et35, then the min you can get adaptors is 15mm i think so an 8 wide rim with et20 will mean you need some negative camber to get the tyres under the arch lip.
(you will need camber shims for the rear and camber correction bolts for the front and a full custom set up by someone in the know.... ie fred@btm)

clio 182
you would have to get the et35, then the min you can get adaptors is 15mm i think so an 8 wide rim with et20 will mean you need some negative camber to get the tyres under the arch lip.
(you will need camber shims for the rear and camber correction bolts for the front and a full custom set up by someone in the know.... ie fred@btm)

Would stretch just do it? How much would it poke out the archs? 15mm?

A full custom suspension set up? Would I need coilovers? Or just what I have now? Lowering springs n shocks?

Black Clio GT
custom set up as in camber etc, you can still use the shock/springs you have now but will have to get some chims for the rears or do it ghetto with washers and some camber bolts for the front toget some negative camber.
if you want to retain some handleing then i would have min 195 tyre.

maths comes into it now.... what are your wheel specs at the min?? width, et and tyre size?? also what is the width of the arch gap between tyre and and inner wing lip as it stands.
if you can tell me that in mm ill work out where how far the grid drift will stick out on et et20 (wheel et35 with 15mm spacer).

have a look at how ph-reebone's clio he is running 9 wide rear with some neg camber so it will look very similar to his set up......

clio 182
cheers!

at the mo, they are standard 182 rims, so 16x7? n standard et?? with 205/45/16 tyres. At the rears the gap between tyre is about 10mm and the front is about 18mm just measured it

Black Clio GT
right so 7x16 with et 45 leaves you 10mm off the rear lip on standard rims, so another half inch on the new wheel width towards the arch (13mm) then dropping another 10mm with the new wheels et and 15mm spacer running 205 tyres the tyre will stick out from the rear arch 48mm

with the front it will be the same minus the 8mm difference in standard tyre to arch gap so the fronts will stick out 40mm from the arch.........

thats some pretty hefty camber adjustment your gonna need (not impossible)
if you look in the rare rims thread i recon with all the stuff you need and setting the camber up and buying the wheels then your not far of £1000 for rotas lol

you can get some custom made split rims for that.................

Black Clio GT
sorry worked it out wrong above lol
rear has 10mm space now , new rim extra width 13mm would stick out 3mm then difference in et of 10mm would stick out 13mm the with the 15mm pcd adaptors the rims would stick out 28mm from arch

front using correct maths method would stick out 20mm.

alot easyer to correct the camber on......

with the et 10 wheel which comes on 4x100 with no adaptors needed will stick out 38mm rear and 30mm front!!!

clio 182
sorry worked it out wrong above lol
rear has 10mm space now , new rim extra width 13mm would stick out 3mm then difference in et of 10mm would stick out 13mm the with the 15mm pcd adaptors the rims would stick out 28mm from arch

front using correct maths method would stick out 20mm.

alot easyer to correct the camber on......

with the et 10 wheel which comes on 4x100 with no adaptors needed will stick out 38mm rear and 30mm front!!!

right..... so nearly 3cms at the back and 2cms at the front. i would need camber on them am guessing...

how much do you think it would be to have the camber set up etc?

Black Clio GT
yes you will deffo ned camber for sure.
you can get propper rear camber shims from fred@btm (or do it ghetto style with a few washers.
front camber bolts again ring fred

might as well go for a day out and get him to set it all up for you couldnt comment on how much but give him a call, hes a top bloke and his work is top notch......