ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Back box fell off! Need advice on a quick replacement.

Clio 172 Ph2
Hi,

During a trip (about a 30 min drive) i noticed my car (52 plate 172) sounded a bit deeper than usual (only slightly). During the drive it got louder and louder, i'm thinking theres a hole blowing in my exhaust or something, take a look and the back box is hanging off! with the end of the pipe about 3 inches off the ground. I hobbled to a nearby friends and the back box had no support and the weight had caused the pipe to split open just after the back box.

Obviously i can't drive it around like this so my car is pretty disabled at the moment, i've had a ring round some exhaust places and only 1 knew what a clio sport was and said they can only get magnex ones, and htey are £380.

I presume all i need is a central pipe and a new backbox? I don't want to spend a fortune, would like it stealth. Where can i get hold of either a standard renault stealth replacement or another stealth one (dont' want it too noisy, but a bit of grunt i wouldn't mind ;o).

I live in the mansfield/nottingham area.

Any help appreciated!

Audi TT 225
It happens to us all! Thats exactly what happened to mine lol
You'll need a catback system, k-tech, yozza think they both do stealths.

MK2 172
Sounds like you will need a new back box and a sleeve to connect it to the middle section. Only place I found that would source and fit genuine Renualt bits for the 172 is ATS. Should be £160. Either that or go buy the bits from Renault and get a garage to fit them.

www.renparts.co.uk
i have a back box that has covered about 200 miles with connecting sleeve. Genuine renault item... would accept 50 pounds for it. An exhaust centre will fit it for less than 20 quid.

Dont bother with K-tech...
I was told 3 weeks for my exhaust to be ready
Ive since been waiting for 6 weeks with no emails or updates on the exhaust and i have to contact them everytime....
Useless