ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Wipers not working, gelpack?

Hi when I bought my ph2 the wipers never worked, it looks like RAC have replaced the screen at some point.

I can see some sensors at the top but after doing a search people are mentioning gelpacks, what's that and how do I get one? :p

BMW M135i
When they replace the windscreen they should fit a new gel pack between the screen and the sensor, if they don't the auto wipers tend not to work as the case here i'd imagine.

Lotus Elise 111R
If you are talking about AUTO wipers....Sounds obvious.....but they have'nt been turned off have they?

BMW M135i
If you are talking about AUTO wipers....Sounds obvious.....but they have'nt been turned off have they?

Auto wipers aren't turned off in the same sense at the lights are. The first click down and there on.

right ok so can I do this myselff (or Renault) or do I need a new screen?

thanks,.

Pass, think you can keep the screen but the sensor needs to come off and be refitted afaik.

yeah when i put it in auto mode it wipes once then doesn't do anything!

Ok well I might pop into Renault then and see what they say as it's damn annoying at the moment!

Just been and put the hose on it and it started going nuts!! So I take it that's fine then, but why won't it work when it's raining lol and i'm driving! The sensitivity is turned up too.

Took a pic of the sensor area, doesn't look like the gel pack is sat right? How hard are they to change/adjust?

img4048zm9.jpg

thanks.

BMW M135i
No that doesn't look right at all it should cover the whole area, not sure what to you can do with it tbh.

Anyone know if this can be adjusted, or how much it is to replace as it's so annoying when the rain is light.

On the motorway today it was working ok then suddenly didn't want to wipe no more!

Renault Clio 172
Had the same problem with my screen when the RAC replaced it. Its the bracket that is part of the windscreen itself, they had to replace the whole screen. If they do replace it make sure they use a branded one like pilkington and not there cheap own brand ones.

Sorry to keep dragging this up but I need answers! lol.

It was raining today and they wern't working too well but when I pushed on that black box they were spot on!!!

I need that box off! I've heard of people smearing KY Jelly over it so it seats on the windscreen better? How!?

yep, Reno wanted £60 off me to replace the sensor and 1hours labour.

I was tempted to break the windscreen, pay my excess and get a new unit that way but this was much easier :D