ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Auto Finesse Dressle Review

So I finally got round to giving this a go, what with the weather and Christmas!

11895084703_a2d72359db_c.jpg

IMG_0098 by Chapppers11, on Flickr

I was slightly apprehensive as to how useful it would be on a detail and whether it was worth buying over the likes of Revive or even 303 Aerospace, which I use on nearly every detail for spray and leave plastics.

First impressions, going first on the smell of the product, I thought it smelt really good, really nice and I think that's quite important in a spray product! :eek:

After cleaning the car I applied Dressle to the wing mirror plastics, windscreen plastics and grills behind the wheels that are a pain to get to.

I sprayed onto the wing mirror plastics and buffed to a shine, but the end product was very natural and quite non-existent in reality after one coat.

Before

11894789655_ed09415499_c.jpg

IMG_0099 by Chapppers11, on Flickr

11895630766_e8ebf3ff0f_c.jpg

IMG_0101 by Chapppers11, on Flickr

11895002923_d9831717a7_c.jpg

IMG_0100 by Chapppers11, on Flickr

After

11895618736_e03b41f317_c.jpg

IMG_0103 by Chapppers11, on Flickr

11895127584_beb1f1e3ce_c.jpg

IMG_0104 by Chapppers11, on Flickr

11895113844_458fca66f2_c.jpg

IMG_0105 by Chapppers11, on Flickr

I then sprayed quite a thick coat onto the windscreen plastics to try to build up a coat to see if there was any beading worth a mention. There was some small beads but the rest of the water just lay flat on the coating. Nowhere near the beading of Revive from what I remember.

The applications that impressed me most were on the grills behind the wheels, where I sprayed and left them to dry. I did get some photos but in reality it was again a very subtle difference.

Overall, I can see the reasoning behind the product and saw it very similar to 303 Aerospace. Would I buy the product? Durability and whether I will notice it at all in a week will probably be a decider. Most likely not in all honesty, purely because if I am going for a product like that for other cars I will go for Revive because I assume Dressle doesn't add any protection for external plastics. The product also didn't take too kindly to paintwork, so spraying onto any surface near paint ends in a smearing of the product to remove from paintwork and glass.

I am quite content with 303 Aerospace as my go-to for under the bonnet and arches and for some reason it seems slightly more functional and more substantial than Dressle. I will definitely use Dressle again and hopefully I can change my own mind because I am a huge fan of the rest of the AF range.

Just a couple of the finished photos of the car as well, still wearing Auto Finesse Spirit and wiped down with Finale! -

11894736735_fcb40e979f_c.jpg

IMG_0107 by Chapppers11, on Flickr

11894936773_6d2ca40d1c_c.jpg

IMG_0117 by Chapppers11, on Flickr

Thanks for reading my review!

Andy

Yep, Andy. Same results as I got and same feelings towards the product for external plastics close to paint work ie the majority of them.

However, try it in greater quantities as a spray and leave and you'll be impressed. See my updated review.

Thanks for all the reviews guys, I like that you guys give it to us straight and don't just say "its amazing" when your not totally sold on it. Sometimes you can achieve the desired results from a product with a little change in application technique, sometimes the products just not right for that individuals needs. But everything you tell us about our products is always noted and acted upon if needs-be/possible.

James

Thanks for all the reviews guys, I like that you guys give it to us straight and don't just say "its amazing" when your not totally sold on it. Sometimes you can achieve the desired results from a product with a little change in application technique, sometimes the products just not right for that individuals needs. But everything you tell us about our products is always noted and acted upon if needs-be/possible.

James

It's refreshing to see a two-way product development unlike the usual 'here's the next best thing, it IS good and you are doing something wrong if it isn't!'.

With my test being slightly later than others I did try to learn from other reviews on how best to apply so don't think my technique was far out, but the next time I use it as JD says, I'll try applying a few coats over the weekend to see what happens.

Thanks we try to understand our customers and their needs. Dressle is not really intended as a wipe on trim dressing, its forte is engine bays and wheel arch liners, tricky grills, areas you can douse it on and leave to set. As we already have Revive for trim like what you where treating it on.

That said I think you should see a good improvement with a layer or two.

Thanks we try to understand our customers and their needs. Dressle is not really intended as a wipe on trim dressing, its forte is engine bays and wheel arch liners, tricky grills, areas you can douse it on and leave to set. As we already have Revive for trim like what you where treating it on.

That said I think you should see a good improvement with a layer or two.

Exactly my findings.