ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Audi TT at Harewood House

Seen as though I had already done my Christmas shopping, I decided to take Sarah's dad's TT upto Harewood house for abit of winter top-down motoring.

Nothing better than donning hat and gloves, and engaging the heated seats to maximum on a cold winters day.

How does it compare to the ST? It's the 1.8T S-Line, with (I think) around 180hp. You can tell it has less power, torque and more weight than the ST but it still shifts when it wants.

It also has a very nice exhaust note and stereo. Since I got rid of the Z4 for the ST, I'm allowed to use it whenever I want which is a bonus. He wants a Porsche next, so looking forward to that...

Anyway, a few pictures I took on the iPhone.

15908347880_e0693b529a_z.jpg
Untitled
by Matt Walker 1986, on Flickr

16093710311_847bc013a1_z.jpg
Untitled

15909874397_20a44f1b1f_z.jpg
Untitled

15908199538_be95058236_z.jpg
Untitled

Yeah was a quality run out. Apart from the 'wanker' comment shouted by two unwashed gentlement in a 1998 Corsa in Keighly! Ha

Halifax to Leeds to Harewood to Harrogate to Skipton to Halifax.

Right good run.

I like it up better!! Ha

Think they look abit 'plain' with it down.
Sorry Matthew, I only looked at the avatar and thought it was Scrooge posting and felt like I could speak to him like that. I'd have worded it nicer if I'd noticed :blush:

They do look a bit plain but I don't like how you can see the mechanism and stuff underneath. I think it's when my mate's dad had a boring A7 courtesy car and he was 'showing off' with it up. It looked pants on that (it was an SE/sport).

Sorry Matthew, I only looked at the avatar and thought it was Scrooge posting and felt like I could speak to him like that. I'd have worded it nicer if I'd noticed :blush:

They do look a bit plain but I don't like how you can see the mechanism and stuff underneath. I think it's when my mate's dad had a boring A7 courtesy car and he was 'showing off' with it up. It looked pants on that (it was an SE/sport).

Ha no worries mate! I know what you mean about the mechanism TBF.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Mini x 2
Pretty sure they're about 160bhp, so Deffo should feel down compare to the ST!

Should be good when he gets the Porsche, even a low spec boxster will be great fun!

An orange one
You just can't beat winter, roof down blasts!! Brings back memories of my e46 M3 cab, used to blast around in December, January roof down getting some "you must be crazy" stares from pedestrians around town.

Remember one Saturday night I was out in Carlisle with a mate and I was driving, so around 2am we headed home, roof down, on the motorway, in winter...and I wasn't hanging back.

FFS I want another convertible now, boils my piss when it's a lovely day in June and you see people driving convertibles with the roof up !!!

The other half always moans when I tell her it's a roof down jobbie. Ten mins into the drive however, she loves it.

Just waiting till the ST lease is up in April 2016 and ill be getting another Z4 for sure. Might even buy this off her dad and map it!

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG

Cheeky fucker!