ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Are Fusion speakers any good?

Clio dynamique 1.4 16v
Just need a few opinions about fusion speakers. I had a set of sony components in my old car but are now out of stock. my budget is only £40 and i liked the sony one's but the fusion one's are the alternative. I know there are splenty on the net but i can't wait that long.

Clio dynamique 1.4 16v
if i had the money i would buy CDT's but there is more to life than my car. could you recommend any in my budget?

"Navy" N17 TWO
In a word, I would say NO
Down to personal taste & budget though.

You can probably pick up a nice set of Alpine or Pioneer speakers for a few extra beer tokens :)
Or go the extra mile & get yourself a set of Focal's :approve:

"Navy" N17 TWO
what are Focals?

DSC00918.jpg

DSCF0319.jpg

Proper speakers ;)

mk1 RSi
ive got focal's theyre the daddy. like the way you built in your crossover! imo fusions are cheap and nasty, havent heard the FLI component speakers, but heard there subs and for the money theyre awesome.

Clio dynamique 1.4 16v
I decided against the fusions and got some pioneers. doors are done but i'm not looking forward to doing the tweeters.

"Navy" N17 TWO
Try find someone who is good with re-trims, cut a hole in your A-pillar and mount the tweeter there - massive improvement to the "sound stage"

DSC00936.jpg

Clio dynamique 1.4 16v
i want to disconnect the speakers in the back cos i'll be putting 6x9's in the parcel shelf. what is the best way to do this?

muz

big fat japanese bus
nice work mate

I had to angle the pods in mine really towards me for my DLS UP6s to get it all sounding sweet

c9351078.jpg
this wa an early photo it was matched up a lot nicer in the end (And the wires hidden lol)

plus could nt get the alcantara - where did you get yours?

this was my boot p.s. subs on ebay at moment!

f18ef00a.jpg

my tweeters were very similar to yours but trimmed in blue :)

"Navy" N17 TWO
All my equipment & material was purchased & fitted at Audio Advice :)
My wires are hidden now too lol

"Navy" N17 TWO
They are Apline - good stuff :)
I'm running a full Focal system off an Alpine dvd HU & Digital processor

Clio dynamique 1.4 16v
Just put my pioneer tweeters on the dash, without taking the dash off!! very easy to do, as long as you don't mind using the factory wire, just chop the renault connector off the end (pink -, brown +), add a couple off spade connectors and bingo. I put them on top of the grills. look and so great!!!
Next is the sub, 6x9's and the amp!!

I decided against the fusions and got some pioneers. doors are done but i'm not looking forward to doing the tweeters.

I installed Infinitys into my Trophy. Kappa components in the front and Reference 6"x9"s on a stealth shelf, all running off an Alpine 9850Ri (no amps).

The OE door fixings took the Kappa woofers with slight modifications and the tweeters came with a couple of mounting options. They would have dropped into the place of the originals, but I opted to cut them into the OE tweeter grills and focus them into the car.

I know people say an amp will make a huge difference but personally I'm going on the premise that if I never try one I won't know what I'm missing.

I do have to use my boot for carry stuff so a sub isn't an option and the 6" x 9"s on a stealth shelf are A. invisible and B. not too bad to my reasonably discerning ears (a few years working as a sound and lighting engineer....)!

I did get mine for a very good price, they were in a sale and I saved at least £150 on the speakers. The shelf was £100 and the head unit £200 from Car Audio Direct although it's now dropped to £160.

I also threw in some Dynamat Xtreme behind the door cards and under the dash in an attempt to reduce some of the squeaks and rattles. I got that off ebay....