ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple TV?

Audi A3
Jay - how are you getting on with that box?

Is is it just plug and play for live sports and new movie releases?

Quick question,

Where do you plug the HDMI cable ? I'm considering getting the number 3 ATV, but the HDMI cable is in the Blu Ray player etc, do I need another one too?
Also will it just play anything that's streaming on the ipad?

Quick question,

Where do you plug the HDMI cable ? I'm considering getting the number 3 ATV, but the HDMI cable is in the Blu Ray player etc, do I need another one too?
Also will it just play anything that's streaming on the ipad?
I just switch my AppleTV HDMI from my PS4.
I stream almost everything from the iPad, it's pretty slick to be fair. I picked mine up for £75 new.

I just switch my AppleTV HDMI from my PS4.
I stream almost everything from the iPad, it's pretty slick to be fair. I picked mine up for £75 new.
Cheers, I don't know if I can be fooked to do that mate (it's all behind the player etc) can I get a splitter or something?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
You can get a splitter. You'd take one from the telly, into a splitter then shorter cables from the splitter to each device. Then you flick the switch on the splitter to change between each device.

Not sure actually.
My TV has two HDMI ports, but it means I'd have to find another cable.
I dunno what the TV has tbh, I'll have to pull it out & see :wink:

You can get a splitter. You'd take one from the telly, into a splitter then shorter cables from the splitter to each device. Then you flick the switch on the splitter to change between each device.
Cheers, can I get one off of eBay etc?
The blu ray has the surround sound etc set up too, I'd want that to work etc.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
I dunno what the TV has tbh, I'll have to pull it out & see :wink:

Cheers, can I get one off of eBay etc?
The blu ray has the surround sound etc set up too, I'd want that to work etc.

I'd be surprised if your tv didn't have two inputs.

And I bet you can pick one up from homebargains/b&ms/wilko/asda etc for convenience

I just checked the spec, all good. It has three.
3x HDMI, 1x SCART, 1x USB 2.0

Cool, I'll just get a cheap HDMI cable for the ATV.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I couldn't get popcorn time to work. I found a way to download the app but it doesn't seem to work. I have managed to get movie box working though :)

I love my Apple TV, but I think its missing something - channels for every (at least UK) catchup service going - iPlayer/ITV player/4OD/Five/Dave/Sky Anytime/etc..etc.
I know you can jailbreak; I have - and use XBMC pretty often (despite it feeling really clunky) - but having that option from the main menu could be great.
Also, I think its time content providers had actual apps - instead of lists of text and walls of movie posters.

We might see these changes when the new Apple TV is released in 2020

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
I've been looking at alternatives to an ATV 2 with jailbreak as quite frankly the hardware is lacking. Nexus Player was the first thing I was interested in but since they aren't actually going to release that over here yet I've been looking at the Amazon Fire TV. As it's android you can easily sideload the latest release of XBMC on there and considering it's got a quadcore cpu and 2GB RAM along with a dedicated GPU it should run really well.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm well out of touch with it these days, I have an ATV2 with xbmc installed but nothing ever seems to work on it properly, even after I updated all the plugins using xbmc hub last night. Is there a popcorn time app or something?

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Yep they are but the menu navigation is pretty clunky.

Gavin, what addons do you use? I'm using iStream and Navi-X these days. 1channel is blocked in the UK and none of the proxies work for very long.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
Yep they are but the menu navigation is pretty clunky.

Gavin, what addons do you use? I'm using iStream and Navi-X these days. 1channel is blocked in the UK and none of the proxies work for very long.

God knows, I used ice films in the early days, 1channel a bit later and not really used much since, I have navi-x installed but not really looked at it. I'll have to have a play around