ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple TV?

Ol’ Tarby

ClioSport Moderator
  Clio 220 Trophy
Can it mirror/stream from non google ios apps?

No idea tbh lol not really messed with it much. It works with the YouTube, iPlayer etc apps on iOS

Only thing is you need 3rd party apps to view pics and videos from your device

Clio 172 cup
If you want it to look like the one in the ebay add it can take some time setting it all up unless you find new firmware with all the add-ons installed.

AirPlay is brilliant. Although I do use my Apple TV mainly for airplaying music and video - don't forget there's also netflix etc, and of course it can be jail broken (as long as it's a second generation one) pretty easily.

I bought my Apple TV around 3 years ago or so - and it still gets used every single day.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
I had the first generation pretty much when they first came out. I thought that was a great bit of kit but these newer ones are the mutts nuts.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
Lol, I've no idea what that link is, but it doesn't work.

lol b****cks!

That was the amazon copied link lol

Just search amazon for apple TV 2. There's loads of used ones for under £90.

This one I bought is refurbished and has a years warranty.

Sunglasses_Ron

ClioSport Admin
It's this one.
de6emezu.jpg

I thought this was 2nd gen. Might be wrong. I searched ATV 2 and this popped up.

Either way it does exactly what I need it too.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
AirPlay is brilliant. Although I do use my Apple TV mainly for airplaying music and video - don't forget there's also netflix etc, and of course it can be jail broken (as long as it's a second generation one) pretty easily.

I bought my Apple TV around 3 years ago or so - and it still gets used every single day.

Netflix gets very s**t after about 4 months though. There isn't enough new/good content to warrent having it. That's with browsing the american netflix too.

Netflix gets very s**t after about 4 months though. There isn't enough new/good content to warrent having it. That's with browsing the american netflix too.

Watch something you've never heard of, you might enjoy it you never know.

Besides, there's a load of stuff via XBMC if you want to (can) jailbreak. Then of course you've got iPhone apps like iPlayer, Cartoon HD etc, etc which you can just airplay to your atv.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Watch something you've never heard of, you might enjoy it you never know.

Besides, there's a load of stuff via XBMC if you want to (can) jailbreak. Then of course you've got iPhone apps like iPlayer, Cartoon HD etc, etc which you can just airplay to your atv.

We used to, most of the time they were terrible lol.

Some of the b movies on there were incredible though.

Just ordered my Mx2 box so I'll update once I had a little play incase others are interested.

Its says it supports iOS airplay so sounds like it will do everything the ATV can do plus more with it being loaded with Xbmc

So far so good X-Men days of future past for me tonight also has Godzilla on it.

Still learning a few things like how to access more movies and do air play with IOS.

Whats this Mx2 box Jay.S ?

Andriod Mx2 TV box. Have a google.

I'm still getting to grips with it, as far as I'm aware it pretty much allows me to stream anything I like live or not for example I watched the Froch vs Groves fight which was on Sky box office threw it on Saturday and the quailty was just as good as if I had paid for it.

If your into TV series it's got them all walking dead, breaking bad, game of thrones, vampire diaries etc etc plus some old ones.

Loads of movies aswell more sport than you could imagine.

All in all I'm pleased for £70 and it will pay for itself in no time at all. As I say I'm still getting to grips with so I haven't found what else I can do with it yet. So I've only watched the fight and a couple of TV series didn't end up watching X-Men in the end and I'm still yet to work the airplay although it does have it I've found it on the box just unsure how airplay itself works.

I wanted a ATV at first but after finding out a jailbroken ATV allows you to access XBMC but at a cost of around £200+ I went for a cheaper alternative, the MX2 box comes loaded with XBMC so will do the same job for a lot less.

I bought this one, guy is really helpful with any questions you have:-
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/261486555363?cmd=VIDESC&gxo=true

You do need to have a decent internet download speed to match though.

Freeman13 may know more

Last edited:

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Andriod Mx2 TV box. Have a google.

I'm still getting to grips with it, as far as I'm aware it pretty much allows me to stream anything I like live or not for example I watched the Froch vs Groves fight which was on Sky box office threw it on Saturday and the quailty was just as good as if I had paid for it.

If your into TV series it's got them all walking dead, breaking bad, game of thrones, vampire diaries etc etc plus some old ones.

Loads of movies aswell more sport than you could imagine.

All in all I'm pleased for £70 and it will pay for itself in no time at all. As I say I'm still getting to grips with so I haven't found what else I can do with it yet. So I've only watched the fight and a couple of TV series didn't end up watching X-Men in the end and I'm still yet to work the airplay although it does have it I've found it on the box just unsure how airplay itself works.

I wanted a ATV at first but after finding out a jailbroken ATV allows you to access XBMC but at a cost of around £200+ I went for a cheaper alternative, the MX2 box comes loaded with XBMC so will do the same job for a lot less.

I bought this one, guy is really helpful with any questions you have:-
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/261486555363?cmd=VIDESC&gxo=true

You do need to have a decent internet download speed to match though.

@Freeman13 may know more

If this supports airplay I may have to get one instead of a second atv!

sounds immense.

If this supports airplay I may have to get one instead of a second atv!

sounds immense.

Yeah it's good mate.

At the minute it's a little slow due to my s**t EE internet but I'm getting changed over to BT infinity on Friday so once I'm up and running properly you can have a play before you buy if you like.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Yeah it's good mate.

At the minute it's a little slow due to my s**t EE internet but I'm getting changed over to BT infinity on Friday so once I'm up and running properly you can have a play before you buy if you like.

Has it been s**t for the past few days? You may have the same problem as me... Apparently there's a fault at an exchange causing it to be s**t.

my EE Internet is supplied by BT iirc.

cheers, I think I'll take you up on that when I come to get one.

Knuckles

Yeah last few days it's been terrible I just thought it was down to me telling them I'm f**king off to BT. My contract was up and I fancied BT sport so I can watch the MotoGP.

I'm going to have a play about with the box tomorrow see if I can figure out the airplay thing.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Mx2 can't do video over airplay, it's audio only like most devices. I think there's one hacky box that does video and it's janky as f**k.

Mx2 can't do video over airplay, it's audio only like most devices. I think there's one hacky box that does video and it's janky as f**k.

Ahh right explains why I couldn't figure it out. It's not something I need just something I wanted to play around with, I never play music through my TV so I will probably never use the airplay feature.

Clio 172 cup
Mx 2 does airplay use it all the time on my boxes download air play lite I think it's called or air pay receiver off the play store it's free and work great. There are a few other good airplay apps just can't remember the names off the top of my head.

Not to fussed about airplay now I've started to get used to the box a little better now.

No need now Cartoon HD has gone ;)