ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple Music/Beats 1

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Anyone trying these out?

I'm not at all interested in Apple Music, it's just not the way I listen to music. Anyone moving over from Spotify though?

Beats 1... wasn't that bothered but gave it a go after seeing Hudson Mohawke, Mele & Plastician on one of the first playlists! Haven't really heard anything that great myself, but at least the hosts don't bang on all the time. Biggest problem I have is that it's all in one app... if you're playing your own music, then go to Beats 1, then back to your own music, it'll start your playlist from the beginning again and won't resume :( very frustrating. Hopefully it'll eventually appear on TuneIn but I somehow doubt it.

I also find both Julie & Zane pretty annoying. They should have signed up Chris Moyles! But not really what they were going for I guess.

Goliath I
How much is the subscription? Looked on Apple website and says £9.99 pm or £14.99 pm for family package, but couldn't really see if there were any limitations as to what you could download etc...

Meh. Apple is a lifestyle company now. Meanwhile, iOS is an unresponsive buggy POS, and OSX can't connect to the Internet for more than thirty seconds.

Think I'll steer clear of this streaming service. It'll probably delete all my music.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
what munson said.
Apple used to be the king of ease of use, theyve just made music so much more difficult to use

Darren61

ClioSport Club Member
Been a Spotify user for a good 6 months now and really find it great value for money as I use it all the time. I signed up to Apple Music (purely for the sake of a 3 month trial) and to compare it against Spotify. I think I've used it once in the last 2 weeks. Spotify is just much more user friendly. The app is pretty rubbish for Apple Music and I find it harder to track down the songs I want to listen to.

Listerine & Poledo
BBC Radio 4 or GTFO.

That said, Plastician is pretty good. The rest are just Radio 1 childrens entertainers though.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I quite like it, app is relatively simple to navigate.

I'm not sure it's worth 10 smackers a month mind and I've never used spotify so can't compare.

Gavin.

ClioSport Club Member
My Mac and OS X work perfectly, the internet never drops. Same for iOS and my iPhone, it's not unresponsive or a buggy piece of s**t. Apple music works great, Beats1 is surprisingly good and at £9.99 I only need to listen to an album or two for it to be worth it, i'll be keeping the subscription, i've no reason not to.

adamlstr

ClioSport Club Member
My Mac and OS X work perfectly, the internet never drops. Same for iOS and my iPhone, it's not unresponsive or a buggy piece of s**t. Apple music works great, Beats1 is surprisingly good and at £9.99 I only need to listen to an album or two for it to be worth it, i'll be keeping the subscription, i've no reason not to.
More or less, exactly this.

I'll see how I'm swayed at the end of the trial. It doesn't work on 4G though, only wifi. Which is a bit of a killer for the commute.

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Yosemite is hideous, its full of bugs and performance issues. Had to do the mail rebuild this morning after it decided that the email on my phone from last night to this morning wasn't worth syncing.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Interestly even my mate at work who was a complete Apple fanboy is going off them... says an update wiped most of his cover art away, which he has spent hours on.

He's just ordered a P'9982! :expressionless:

Has anyone heard Disclosure DJing on Beats 1 yet? Heard they're going to be on rotation sometimes.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Yosemite is hideous, its full of bugs and performance issues. Had to do the mail rebuild this morning after it decided that the email on my phone from last night to this morning wasn't worth syncing.

Yeah, I've had a few issues with Yosemite. It feels really rushed / as if there was limited UAT.

Chrisgti6

ClioSport Club Member
  MR2,TT V6,Swift,Mini
Apple Music is so SLOW compared to Spotify! Has anyone else noticed this?

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Nope, no visible speed difference for me. I'm not finding it as intuitive as Spotify though, and the "For You" section is garbage - it's repetitive and irrelevant for the most part!

Can't see how you can complain about something so new... I'm using Apple Music to make offline playlists and it's working great for listening in the car. Only glitch I've noticed is the playback stops when changing signal areas.

Better than having to download the music separately though and what's a tenner for access to the entire ITunes library?!

Listerine & Poledo
Can't see how you can complain about something so new... I'm using Apple Music to make offline playlists and it's working great for listening in the car. Only glitch I've noticed is the playback stops when changing signal areas.

Better than having to download the music separately though and what's a tenner for access to the entire ITunes library?!
So it's a bit pointless when you're offline.
Or roaming
Or don't want to chuck away more battery %age

So really you're dropping a tenner a month for Apple YouTube? I mean, sure, it's a tenner, big whoop, but meh.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
So I can't make an observation on it unless I'm trying to coax it into bed through constant compliments? Jog on. I'm sure the content will improve, but for now, the "For You" section is s**t for me. I'm aware that the iTunes Library is there for the taking, but that doesn't mean I have to kiss its arse? I wasn't even complaining!

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
You sure that's not just the Top 40?
If Apple presumed that would be to my taste, then that would be cause for complaint!

It just posts the same playlists - they're poor, and too "try-hard." I'm sure they'll get better as more are created, and to be fair, I'm not hugely into playlists made by other people, but calling them "Deep Cuts" in an attempt to appear irreverent just comes across a bit...lame.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
I have never used Spotify so have no reference to compare it to Apple Music. I don't use Beats as I can't see an obvious way to AirPlay it, though the "internet" says it is possible. I do subscribe to the Family pack which I think is excellent value for money. I used to spend way more than £30 a month on music so £14.99 a month for access to everything they have is a no brainer. My first trip in to streaming music seems to be going just dandy with Apple (I use it on a MBP, IP6, x2 iPads and in the workplace). I've never really seen any dropping out of internet connection on any of my devices other than when I'm doing something fairly data intensive whilst using AirPlay... that does cause my little Airport Extreme to drop out until the data has finished.

No complaints about the App or finding music. It also needs some input from you to tell it what you like vs what you don't other wise it will keep sending you the same kind of things.

Setting aside buggy operating systems, this is the new Apple. Seriously lame. Political pandering and desperate attempts to appear hip. You only have to look at some of the language being used. Connect to the Internet and "...give it another shot". LOL! You're my phone, not my best mate. f**k off.

Countless other examples but I fear my iPad will crash before I finish typing this, so I better submit now.

Listerine & Poledo
Is that a truly different change since they started putting colour plastics all over their PCs?

So it's a bit pointless when you're offline.
Or roaming
Or don't want to chuck away more battery %age

So really you're dropping a tenner a month for Apple YouTube? I mean, sure, it's a tenner, big whoop, but meh.

It doesn't cut out often mind you and I usually have it on charge in the car.

I'm taking the 3 month trial first but then I'll be doing family sharing, so £5 each a month isn't worth quibbling over if it's getting used.

So I can't make an observation on it unless I'm trying to coax it into bed through constant compliments? Jog on. I'm sure the content will improve, but for now, the "For You" section is s**t for me. I'm aware that the iTunes Library is there for the taking, but that doesn't mean I have to kiss its arse? I wasn't even complaining!

Don't get your back up mate, my post wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, more the fact that there are going to be issues to iron out so early on.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
It doesn't cut out often mind you and I usually have it on charge in the car.

I'm taking the 3 month trial first but then I'll be doing family sharing, so £5 each a month isn't worth quibbling over if it's getting used.

Don't get your back up mate, my post wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, more the fact that there are going to be issues to iron out so early on.
Sorry bud, (wrongly) assumed you were aiming it at me!

aucky

ClioSport Club Member
I'm having an issue with making all of my iTunes available offline on my iPhone without manually downloading each album.
Aside from (what I'm about to try) putting everything in one playlist, am I missing something?