ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple HomeKit

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
So I started my home automation project at the weekend with the Philips Hue starter kit with richer colours (very happy so far), and have got it all working with Homekit and have a couple of automation bits setup, so far it's working well.

Was just wondering if anyone else had bothered using homekit or just stuck to the Hue app, and if using homekit, what else are you using it to control? Have a belkin wemo plug but they aren't compatible with homekit :nomouth:
Also has anyone setup their apple tv to work as remote hub?

sn00p

ClioSport Club Member
  A blue one.
Homekit seems completely pointless to me.

Buy iConnectHue and control the lights with that.

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
I'll have to give that a try, not a huge amount of customisation in the stock Hue app.
The good thing about homekit is you get all your scenes and stuff in command centre on ios and you can shout at siri and sometimes she actually does the right thing

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
Anyone on here got a decent HomeKit setup going?

Pretty much got the whole house up and running! Slowly phasing out the echo and echo show I had before.

Also got a pi running homebridge for those items that don’t have native HomeKit support.

Attachments

• F2C0A845-571B-4BD5-B119-B1BC0873B268.jpeg
    F2C0A845-571B-4BD5-B119-B1BC0873B268.jpeg
    933.4 KB · Views: 31

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Not really. But all I have is Tado and a few IKEA smart lamps. I can’t be arsed f**king around setting up scenes for Tado when it works so well itself. I do have some light scenes. But basic. Lights on 1 hour before sunset, a button that turns downstairs lights off and my bedroom lights on.

So, to answer your actual question. No.

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)
I’ve got tado, totally agree works so well you never need to f**king touch it. I only use it to automate stuff really.
(Extractor fan comes on a certain humidity, based off the data from a tado thermostat)

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
I’ve actually noticed you on a Facebook group. Can’t remember if it’s Tado specific or general Smart Home.

Anyway. WRT the Tado one. I can never understand why so many people who have Tado seem to want to piss about in the app with it. It’s literally set and forget, once you’re past the initial setup of working out temps, schedules etc.

But for sure, I can see the benefit of the other data Tado gives, as per your example 👍🏻

Reactions: Tom

boultonn

ClioSport Club Member
  Macan S
I've got pretty much everything in mine too except any cameras (live in a flat).
Got some climate stuff which is cool and the TV also show up with some basic controls.
1663579813964.png