ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple Event - March 2016

SQ5
Anybody watching?

Usually lots of people on here talking about it and not even a thread?

New iPhone SE is a great upgrade for people wanting smaller phones

New Apple Watch straps

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Disappointed that they haven't made a 32GB storage option for the SE. May wait to see what the 7 is like in September before upgrading from my 5S.

SQ5
I wanted an iPad Air 3 with 128gb and waited for this, was there an Air 2 with 128gb as now it only goes to 64gb and I'm sure I had a 128gb ready to go the other week?

But gutted I'll have to spend £200 more on a pro

davo172

ClioSport Club Member
  TCR'd 172
Can't help thinking about the i product launch on the Keith Lemon sketch show :smile:

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
No way I could go back to smaller than 4.7" now... and everyone I know that's gone up in size feels the same (and I never wanted bigger than iPhone 4, then iPhone 5 lol, I actually protested about it so many times) so will be interesting to see how well this does.

iPad Pro is good but kind of boring.

Way too many versions of things now imo, it's all getting a bit convoluted.

Probably the weakest presentation I've seen of theirs, but I know it's not their 'main' event. Just looking forward to the iPhone 7 now :smile:

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
I'm lost now.

What's the new iPad range?

I need a new one and now I don't know what I'm looking for lol

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
I'm lost now.

What's the new iPad range?

I need a new one and now I don't know what I'm looking for lol
iPad mini, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro 9.7" (NEW), iPad Pro 12.9".

iPad mini is 7.9" screen and year old tech. iPad Air 2 is 9.7" screen and year old tech, iPad Pro 9.7" is the new one, using the same tech as the 12.9" one that was released in September, but in the same size as a normal iPad. Prices for the Pros are a lot more than the Air 2. All iPads come in a variety of storage options.

SQ5
John Lewis Air 2 128gb back in stock and £50 cheaper than everywhere else!

Ordered that very quickly!

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
Why?! Just f**k off the air 2 or rename it as the 9.7" pro.

There is genuinely no need for two of the same model.

Unless the air 2 is heavily discounted before production/sales stop

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
But no one will buy the 6, when the 6S/Plus is the same size but better specc'd for not much more money, or they will buy the SE for better specs than the 6 but at a cheaper price ina different body.

They will. My wife wanted a bigger screen than her 5C so I bought her a 6 Plus. A 6S/Plus never even got mentioned in the process.

If you're not cash critical (which we know Apple are not) it's far better to let excess stockholding drip through at good margins rather than liquidate the whole lot for a loss.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
They will. My wife wanted a bigger screen than her 5C so I bought her a 6 Plus. A 6S/Plus never even got mentioned in the process.

If you're not cash critical (which we know Apple are not) it's far better to let excess stockholding drip through at good margins rather than liquidate the whole lot for a loss.
True.

However, Apple seem to have too many products on sale at any one time, confusing customers.

There was a time where they would bring out one iPhone a year with a choice of 2 colours and 2 storage options.

Now there are 5 different iPhones, each with 3 different storage options. 3 of these are in 4 different colours, whereas 2 are available in 3 different colours.

And that is only the iPhone range, let alone the iPad or Macbook range.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
True.

However, Apple seem to have too many products on sale at any one time, confusing customers.

There was a time where they would bring out one iPhone a year with a choice of 2 colours and 2 storage options.

Now there are 5 different iPhones, each with 3 different storage options. 3 of these are in 4 different colours, whereas 2 are available in 3 different colours.

And that is only the iPhone range, let alone the iPad or Macbook range.

Is that not because what Apple once had as their own exclusive USP (user friendliness and stability) has been truly caught up with by other manufacturers? Also, market saturation...while some I know get positively damp at the thought of changing an iPhone for another iPhone, surely the market's getting to or has got to the point where people see beyond Apple's marketing now and are happy staying put with an existing handset for longer. It looks a little like Apple are, to counter that, doing what everyone else have been doing for years...give every possible permutation or combination of spec, size, colour, cost...and that way there's at least a model for everyone.

cafcross

ClioSport Club Member
Is that not because what Apple once had as their own exclusive USP (user friendliness and stability) has been truly caught up with by other manufacturers? Also, market saturation...while some I know get positively damp at the thought of changing an iPhone for another iPhone, surely the market's getting to or has got to the point where people see beyond Apple's marketing now and are happy staying put with an existing handset for longer. It looks a little like Apple are, to counter that, doing what everyone else have been doing for years...give every possible permutation or combination of spec, size, colour, cost...and that way there's at least a model for everyone.
And I suppose as long as people are buying them, and they're turning a healthy profit, Apple don't really care how many products they have on the market.