ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple CarPlay Issues

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
Aloha.

So, my car has Apple CarPlay integrated into the MMI. It's essentially plug 'n' play - you connect your phone via the Lightning port to the car's USB socket, get the two married up, and off you go.

My car does this fine - no issues, I get the home screen without any dramas. However, when I try and use Apple Music, it doesn't play? I select a song - I've tried both my Library (saved to my
iPhone) and a streamed song, and it won't play? If it's an album that I attempt to play, it'll eventually start a track halfway through the album, at random.

I've tried restarting my phone, I've asked both car and phone to "forget" each other, but still no joy. Connecting the phone through Bluetooth works fine, both with calls and music, but CarPlay will not play ball. Any ideas?

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
The VAG head units are flakey as hell.

Mine regularly s***s itself or just does whatever the f**k it wants.

Have you tried doing a restart on the unit?

RB 182 FF
I've got it on my A4 and it plays me about regularly. Sometimes it won't even connect which is frustrating.
I also have a similar problem when I come to spotify, I find if I start a podcast and then go back to the song that generally works.
It's a good system but buggy as hell.

Marc.

ClioSport Club Member
I've sacked off Apple Music, and restarted my Spotify subscription - that seems to work a lot better. Just not sure why Apple Music doesn't seem to work! No matter - Spotify is £5/month cheaper.

@Deeg - Yup, restarted both units. No change. Everything else on CarPlay works fine, it's just Apple Music!