ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Apple 0% financing....

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Told my missus about this and she said she tried doing this before on the dodge and they rejected the order in the end as she couldn't provide evidence of her attending the university?

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
Told my missus about this and she said she tried doing this before on the dodge and they rejected the order in the end as she couldn't provide evidence of her attending the university?
Ive ordered two on student discount and both have arrived and been absolutely fine.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
If anyone wants one student discount, (not finance), and sort of knows me, drop me a line. I'm more than happy for you to bank transfer me the money and I'll order and set delivery for your place. Gets you heavy discount and three years apple care.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Wicked. I told her and she still says she doesn't want to 'risk it' :grimacing:

Still, up until the end of January she works for John Lewis so 12% discount... don't suppose there's a way of getting both discounts lol?

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
If anyone wants one student discount, (not finance), and sort of knows me, drop me a line. I'm more than happy for you to bank transfer me the money and I'll order and set delivery for your place. Gets you heavy discount and three years apple care.
So .. f**king .. tempting.............

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Wicked. I told her and she still says she doesn't want to 'risk it' :grimacing:

Still, up until the end of January she works for John Lewis so 12% discount... don't suppose there's a way of getting both discounts lol?
As I said, you're local, I'd be happy enough to help a brother out and order through brighton uni (I have a brighton uni NUS card so all legit).

I can PM you a link to give you access to brighton uni prices if you want it to give you an idea.

CrippsCorner

ClioSport Club Member
  Astra VXR
Cheers bro really appreciate that! It's a no go atm though as she's broke from Christmas presents. Might hit you up in the future though :smile:

Sweet. So she should have it this week at some point?
I suppose mine was tight (just made this week) given the time I had placed the order and it being close to the end of the week. It's possible that there may be a delay depending on whether you've modified the standard spec, although the site does tell you the approximate delivery date etc and provides you with an email in order for you to track it.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
I suppose mine was tight (just made this week) given the time I had placed the order and it being close to the end of the week. It's possible that there may be a delay depending on whether you've modified the standard spec, although the site does tell you the approximate delivery date etc and provides you with an email in order for you to track it.
Will be here Tuesday by the looks of it.

ScreenShot2014-12-07at221142_zps3c8e2202.gif

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
If it's just a standard machine, and not a BTO / CTO, then the lead times are very quickly. Essentially it gets thrown on a flight either in China or Holland (iirc) ASAP, then it just needs to find it's way through various networks to get to your door.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
If it's just a standard machine, and not a BTO / CTO, then the lead times are very quickly. Essentially it gets thrown on a flight either in China or Holland (iirc) ASAP, then it just needs to find it's way through various networks to get to your door.
I love new apple products arriving, a) they're normally s**t hot delivery time (if not bespoke) and b) the boxing setup is just as sleek as the machine itself.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
I love new apple products arriving, a) they're normally s**t hot delivery time (if not bespoke) and b) the boxing setup is just as sleek as the machine itself.

Their prices drive the delivery service.

Paying £xx to air freight product from China is lost in the rounding of the margin of Apple products.

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
Their prices drive the delivery service.

Paying £xx to air freight product from China is lost in the rounding of the margin of Apple products.
Similar to their entire business ethos TBH. Yes they'll ask you to pay over the odds, but for that you receive materials that would otherwise be instantly disregarded, you receive follow up service that doesn't exist anywhere else in the tech world, and you get a product which instantly adds 10 dude points. What's not to like?

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Ordered on Sunday evening and it arrived in less than 48 hours. Amazing.

It is a v.good service. But be aware, you're paying for that through the product price (or more specifically through the margin on the product), and to compare it to most other providers of CPE / SDE / computer equipment's delivery methods, is a bit unfair, given Apple operate at many multiple times the margin.

Also worth noting, that for a bog standard spec machine, you could have actually got it within about 12 hours through Amazon (for example).

It is, none the less an impressive set up that Apple's partners have developed.

They have a very cool set up if you order multiple items, namely accessories and a Mac, where some things are stored locally, other stuff is stored globally (reduces cost of inventory), and they meet up locally.

You can see that if you track your shipment and there are loads of touch points.

The routes they use for freight are fairly amusing too, if you're not involved in the industry.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member
May have to take the plunge.

How's it work again? Initial payment of whatever the breakdown is, then same again per month?
Nope.

They don't take anything up front mate. Just divide the total by 10 and that is your monthly payment. You'll pay 1 month after you receive product. Give or take.

What has everyone found for delivery time? I've ordered a MBP for christmas and it's been dispatched with an estimated delivery date of 29th Dec :(

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
What has everyone found for delivery time? I've ordered a MBP for christmas and it's been dispatched with an estimated delivery date of 29th Dec :(

I suspect you'll get it before that. I imagine they will be covering themselves in the short terms.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Problem is, is that I upgraded the RAM to 16gb so I think it's coming from China?

If it's CTO / BTO it will definitely come from China. But the vast majority of stock comes from there anyway.

The work in upgrading is minimal, and this time of year, the warehouses aren't able to hold product for the carriers, so it'll be being pushed into the carriers networks.

That's where the bottleneck is, as they've got a finite and defined capacity of parcels they can handle.

As said though, if it says despatched, I doubt very much it will take 12 days to arrive from China.

I would have thought Eugall's would have come from there too, just without being BTO.

If it's CTO / BTO it will definitely come from China. But the vast majority of stock comes from there anyway.

The work in upgrading is minimal, and this time of year, the warehouses aren't able to hold product for the carriers, so it'll be being pushed into the carriers networks.

That's where the bottleneck is, as they've got a finite and defined capacity of parcels they can handle.

As said though, if it says despatched, I doubt very much it will take 12 days to arrive from China.

I would have thought Eugall's would have come from there too, just without being BTO.

Cheers for the info! Checked again earlier and the delivery date has already been bumped up to the 24th now! Perfect timing :D