ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

anyone noticed interior difference 172cup

MKIII 138

between the space in a 172 and 172 cup. there more in a cup !

comming straight from my 172 into the cup ive noticed, the steering wheel sems to be closer to the dash, the steering wheel seems smaller (but its probably because the wheel is further away, the steering column doesnt protrude downwards as much its a much small plastic cover. The passenger side the seat seems to go further back ?? this isnt a trick of the eye either it seems like the glove box area is more compact aswell. i know the passenger has more room as when the seat in the 172MKII would in its firthest posistion my 6ft 3" bro would have his knees very close to the dash now his legs goes under as he can stretch them ?!?!

also the seat belt is really tight when you unplug it and put it bcak to its holding posistion i.e the gap between the seat and the door is non existent and really tight.. which may explain why i feel that passengers are a bit further away than normal.

the seating posistion seem better i.e a tiny bit lower.

i like it, it seem less clostrophobic almost perfect.

172 Cup

I didnt notice any of these differences when I went from a 172 (mk2) to my 172 Cup.. Cant say I paid that much attention tho.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

maybe just maybe. im sure there ist tho as the only things changed is seats aircon and a few other silly things

The steering wheel thing is probably due to it been adjustable. The seat thing is probably due to the seat height adjuster thing. Even on its lowest setting it sits slightly higher then a seat without the adjustor

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

Quote: Originally posted by .Griff. on 12 September 2005

I didnt notice any of these differences when I went from a 172 (mk2) to my 172 Cup.. Cant say I paid that much attention tho.
You didnt notice because theres no difference.

eugegall

ClioSport Club Member

Quote: Originally posted by Tom on 12 September 2005

lol fair point

Remapped derv Golf

I noticed the 182 was a little different when I drove one but it was just down to the way the seat was set I reckon.

My cousins Cup seems different to mine at first.

have you discovered its no faster yet? ;)

172 Cup

Quote: Originally posted by .Griff. on 12 September 2005I didnt notice any of these differences when I went from a 172 (mk2) to my 172 Cup.. Cant say I paid that much attention tho.[/QUOTE]You didnt notice because theres no difference.

That was me politely saying the same....

e60 M5 -172- dciheid

i have to say i do notice minor changes between the two that i own, but mainly cause the missus sits so close to the steering wheel, and that the glovebox is rammed full of make up and girly pisch!:D:eek:

The driver seat in the Cup is lower than the 172.