ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Anyone know the rear pads thickness service limit on 182?

Did own 172 Cup + 182FF
Had the wheels off the car for some extra anal detailing and noticed that the rear pads look lacking in meat. :eek:

Does anyone know in millimetres the service limit for standard rear pads on a 182 before they need changing?

Many thanks in advance. :star:

i *think* they begin life with about 7-8mm and, personally, would continue using them until they were 2-3mm

BMW M135i
They've very skinny as new and they take ages to wear down to change levels as they do hardly any braking, talking probably 80k+ before you'd need to think about changing them in normal use. Seem to remember MarkCup's lasted towards the 100k mark.

i replaced the rears about two weeks ago on my 46k '52 - they needed doing anyway but were primarily replaced as the friction lining had lifted from the backing plate due to corrosion - presumably the original pads

they're only £12 from the likes of ECP/GSF

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
I've got some hardly used EBC and standard rear pads for sale.

ITB'd MK1
They've very skinny as new and they take ages to wear down to change levels as they do hardly any braking, talking probably 80k+ before you'd need to think about changing them in normal use. Seem to remember MarkCup's lasted towards the 100k mark.

yup, they're approx half the thickness of front pads when new

Did own 172 Cup + 182FF
Thanks all. I think they are ok then (about 5mm without backing) - just look really weedy and like there is no much meat on them.

Great link for the brake info as well.

Cheers