ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another one bits the dust...

or in my case the Armco on a slip road!

Im sad to say that i wrote my car off on Saturday night on the A3. Its taken me a bit of time to get around to writing this down, with some hesitation. Momentarily lost concentration (saw a 182 on the inside lane) whilst travelling on the outside lane at speed, didnt realise i was drifting into the central reservation which i then corrected which resulted in the back coming out at me putting the car into a sideways drift across all the lanes and over the slip road into the barrier (hitting the front right), ripping the front right wheel off with the suspension strut & driveshaft. Not entirely sure what happened next but the passengers side was damaged/grazed along the ground before resting on the roof going down the slip road. It was a very intense & frightening experience. My friend in the passenger seat had a badly grazed arm which he went to hospital to get checked out. For some very odd and grateful reason i was uninjured, didnt even have any aches. I think someone & the car was looking after me. I have quite a few pics of the car on its roof and after. and a few 3gp (playable in quick time) videos off the phone.

Strangely i have no emotion connected to the car even though i had lusted after the car from the first time i had read a preview article in evo quite a few years ago. Even though i only had it for a year i had some great time with the car. It a strong little thing, which maybe I’ll be able to afford within a few years, but i dont think i will be able to replace it with the same car.

I will most likely be selling my viper kit (done 12k) & maybe some sound stuff depending on what my next car is. Ill put a link in this thread for pics that ill add to the media section.

Reason why i posted, hmm not sure, sadness at the departure of the car, probably wont be coming on here that much now (no car at the moment and not sure what ill be getting next) although i have to say i have loved coming on here for the last year and a half with boundless amounts of useful information from heads of people....

Ang

Pink/Blue 182

:(......im still sad not seeing your car everyday.......but as above glad you are ok....xx

Thank you all, it was pretty heavy but i have to say the car is very solid! Just noticed another cup with cc for sale in the for sale section, but dont think i can go there (finances!!) which is a damn shame as the timing is not too bad.

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

Glad your ok mate.... Like they all say u yourself can not be replaced. Good to hear your well and ok :)

Mini Cooper S sport

Glad it wasnt more serious, I bet you were in shock for a while. Sorry about the car, but glad neither of you were badly hurt.

GR7

Shiny red R32

Awww what a shame, but as long as you and your mate are not injured!
Its a good job that these Clios appear to be very protective towards their
occupants during road gymnastics! At this rate, Cups will be very scarce
before too long!

172, Tiguan

Just echoing what everybody else has put, im glad your passenger and yourself are both OK.

Clio 182

Sh*t, glad youre ok, theres been a spate of accidents on the A3 lately. Ive just come back down it and its very icy out there. The main thing is youve walked away.

Thanks all, its a damn shame. No more spotted in staines pete...

LOL at GR, it does seem like cups will be even rarer over time. Ill get the pics up shortly just need to upload them then post back.

Thanks Em was a real shame, but super chuffed at being ok! I do feal rather lucky... just got to get it all sorted & find another car. Been thinking of maybe a diesel, maybe bora tdi, or a smart (very cheap to own & run). The next car is going to be chosen with cheap running/owning in mind with some taste :)

P

peterh2

Get a new A3 2.0 TDI S-Line DSG very smart cars and good on the fuel. Will hold there value as well!

"Navy" N17 TWO

Good to hear you and your friend are alright - completely gutted for you just reading it :(

audi S3

bad news fella but as everybody says all that matters is you and your passengers were ok

p.s new years resaloution try and forget about it and move on with an open mind good luck fella

Quote: Originally posted by WannabeeCup on 14 January 2005
LOL at GR, it does seem like cups will be even rarer over time.

yeah then there will only be as many cups as regular mk2 172s on the road then
;)