ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Another insurance question.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
My dads Scirroco is part of a company/fleet policy.

He's just told me he asked insurance, and they say "As long as he authorises it, anyone with a license can drive the car". I think he's bullshitting, as he just wants me to go pick up my brother that's stranded miles away and offered me his car.

So would I be insured? I'm only 3rd party on the Bora. And I've seen it so many times on Road wars where someone gets pulled, uses the fleet insurance guff, and isn't actually insured.

Thanks x

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I'd want it in writing tbh.

Most company car schemes allow anyone living in the same house to drive but their name must be submitted to the leasing company.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Yep, I thought it'd be like that or he'd have to be in the car OR I'd have to be fully comp.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Well he's just saying... "No, as long as I let you and you don't steal it..." Me - "Yeah, but you have to tell them" him - "No I don't! I've asked!"

He's my dad, but he doesn't know when he's wrong. And doesn't ever admit when he's wrong.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Well he's just saying... "No, as long as I let you and you don't steal it..." Me - "Yeah, but you have to tell them" him - "No I don't! I've asked!"

He's my dad, but he doesn't know when he's wrong. And doesn't ever admit when he's wrong.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
I know my brother drives it and he's 22.

Again, "As long as you're over 18 and have a driving license".

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Work van's engine decided it hated life so blew a big hole in the side of the block. AA Sent a recovery truck, but it was too small, currently waiting on another and he and the van will be taken back to the Yard where I have to pick him up. f**king Fords. Probably will be past midnight :(

My dad is so adamant but I really don't see how Zurich, a big insurance company, would just let anyone with a license drive a £25k Scirocco.

ITB'd MK1
We had a fleet policy years ago, The documentation said any vehicle and any driver with the permission of the policy holder. In reality, there were further restrictions once you declared a regular driver on a specific vehicle, Normally a massive excess for young drivers, but the cover was there.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Aaah. That's some good news, thanks danny. So my dad hasn't gone completely senile yet. Good, I need someone to cook.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Low on fuel, shouldn't be driving it with the CV Boot/disc pads in the state that they're in and it's a good 40 mile round trip. My dads been drinking.

Also says he pays a monthly premium so others can use it, apparently. FLOL

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
You need it in writing, just because one person had one set of terms doesn't mean its true for your dad.

Just take your own car.

Astra Twintop
Next thread:

I've binned my Dads company car

Or

I've been stopped by the police.

Place bets now.

My 18 year old mate can drive his dads brand new 60 plate Mercedes E350 AMG.

Only thing they had to do was his dad took his license to work, they confirmed he had a license etc and he's now on the policy.

Your more than likely not insured as the insurers will want to know exactly who is allowed to drive the car

I can drive my dads company car, 2.0 A3 :rasp:

It is insured for ANYONE with a license, he confirmed with the head of the lease cars and i've read the paperwork.

Mk3 1.4 Dynamique S
At my work its exactly as you say, anyone that the "policy holder" authorises regardless of age etc (need a licence obviously! lol) - and thats through zurich. Id want to have a look at it first personally just to make sure, but could well indeed be right :)

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Conflicting evidence ftl haha! He's ringing tomorrow to confirm, but I'm taking the Bora. LOL Thanks for your help anyway, just don't want to run that risk.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
FLOL, he showed me an email from the insurance with my name on it. I took it. It's nice to drive. And the radio is good.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
157053_10150367196115385_746700384_16134413_3518576_n.jpg

70k was on that engine. 57 plate Transit with a tower on.

Jason_E

ClioSport Club Member
  Elise, 530d
Apparently his policy changes 1st of January. Better fill my boots before then!