ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Android Launchers

welshname

ClioSport Club Member
Just wondering if anyone else was using a different launcher on their phone?

I decided I was getting rather annoyed with being forced to have multiple home screens (as I only use the 1) and also really wanted the clean look of the Nexus 5 with the transparent nav/notification bars.

First off I downloaded a little app which unlocks the use of the GEL (Google Experience Launcher) which is used on the Nexus 5. If you have KitKat already installed this will alllow the "okay Google" and swipe left for Google Now. In my opinion, it looks horrible, the icons are huge and fuzzy and it forces 4x5 grids rather than the traditional 5x5. I did have a screenshot of this but I can't find it at the minute.

Next I tried the very popular Nova Launcher which I'm much happier with, (see below for comparisons). I'm literally getting no benefit from it other than the fact I now only have 1 home screen and have transparent nav/notification bars, but it just looks much cleaner now.

11584226854_3dea7e8ebb.jpg

Nova Launcher by welshname, on Flickr

11584103233_e6ddfc4390.jpg

Standard 4.4 KitKat by welshname, on Flickr

So what is everyone else using?

Edit: Found the GEL one.

11584310664_fb80c1ba37.jpg

GEL Launcher by welshname, on Flickr

Last edited:
  CursedTitanium 182FF
Just keeping it simple at the mo, not long been using it. So far, miles better than standard.

Ay Ay Ron

ClioSport Club Member
I use Nova.
Not done much with it on my N5 but had a fair bit of modification on MY Samsung Nexus.
Prefer to keep one home screen now though.

Bit messy. Need to clean it up again.
buty4epu.jpg

What are you using to get the CS shortcut like that? Is that a Tapatalk thing?

MatthewR

ClioSport Club Member
I'm running nova, much like yourself. Single screen minimal apps on the home screen and I've hidden most of the apps in the drawer.

Nova - basically the stock launcher with a ton of customisations.

Action Launcher might be a shout for you though. It's basically just one screen and you swipe right to bring a list of apps rather than an app drawer. I switch between this and Nova quite frequently.