ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Alpine ipod HU and Error 01?

I've had my Alpine CDE 9880 R HU and ipod cable for ages now with no problems but recently I have been getting 'Error 01' appearing on the screen. The only way to get the ipod working again is to unplug it and plug it back in again.

The problem seems to be getting worse as its happening more and more now. I did a quick search and found this thread... http://www.cliosport.net/forum/show...-01-when-iphone-plugged-in&highlight=error+01 but there doesn't appear to be a solution. Has anyone had this issue and resolved it?

communication error
you'll find that the ipod your using isnt really compatible with the unit
either get an older ipod that is compatible or live with it

Monaro VXR
Did you update the firmware?

Since updating my iPhone4 to 4.1 mine would not work at all. Tried numerous restores etc on my main system. Always the same issue ERROR01.

Then used my laptop and did the restore on that as the phone has never been synced to it. Basically restored the phone to full factory settings, reloaded the firmware etc. Then it worked again.

Might have to try doing something similar yourself. Restore usually fixed it for me. Just this time needed a bit more messing about.

Annoyingly I then went and transferred all my contacts etc over from my main comp thinking it should work now...nope it's now buggered again.

Its been working with this ipod for over a year... I haven't updated the firmware or anything on the ipod itself either.

Its a 4GB 3rd Gen Nano so its a pretty old Ipod now anyway

Vauxhall Frontera
I had a mechless Alpine HU and had a few problems. a complete power dump and reset of hu then a full reset of ipod resolved. it may also be an idea to check the connector going to the ipod and make sure there is no ingress of dirt or fluid

Si