ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Aftermarket xenon kit w/ projectors

I have the projector headlights before people start asking.
I want to fit an aftermarket kit because one of the units do not work so it would be cheaper for me to get a whole kit than to buy the ballasts for that unit.
Issue I'm having is the connection from the car that goes into the xenon kit. Are all cars universal? The descriptions (on eBay) don't give much detail on the connection plugs and their compatibility unless all cars use the same ones?

Second question is, would I need an adapter to hold these bulbs in place (since the standard factory ignitor is no longer being used?)

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Would it not be cheaper to pick up a Renault part online, rather than a competent new set.

No, ballasts themselves are going for £30 or so second hand. So the usage left in them is also reduced. Aftermarket kits are available for under £20 new.