ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

After i lock my car i get a constant Beep!!!

Megane R26 + 182
Started happenin yesterday, once i lock the car it jus beeps no stop for 2 mins! Why? Many Thanks James

53 Clio's & counting
its the alarm signalling there is a problem,check the connections on your boot lock to start mate

C-VXR, T8 Map 220BHP
i had this happen on my 172. it was the bonnet switch. i had knocked it when fitting an I.K and so when the bonnet was closed the sensor/switch thought it was open still and contuned to beep. (like when you dont shut the door prop).

BMW M135i
As said mean that somethings open (door/boot/bonnet) check around, a switch is probably broken. The bonnet one looks particularly vunerable.

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
9/10 times it's the bonnet switch... then the bootlid one.

Both switches are easy to fix yourself

Clio RS3 2.0 VVT
Started happenin yesterday, once i lock the car it jus beeps no stop for 2 mins! Why? Many Thanks James
Just had this problem on my 200. A spray of WD 40 on the bonnet switch and the doors and boot seems to have done the trick.

SWL16

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182
With mine it was the boot catch, even though the boot catch/lock appeared to be functioning fine at the time.
Unscrewed it to have a look and it broke in two.

Fixed using a standard clio boot catch from a scrappers. 2min job, £3.50. Can't complain.