ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Advice for best Clio V6 tyres

Hi... Can other V6 (02) owners let me know what tyres they are using? Have you kept with the Michelin Pilot Sports?? Or are there now better results from other Brands?? Be good to hear the results...before I spend out on the Standard Pilots.

Mine have covered approx 6500 now and wont be 2 much longer to change them. I havent encountered any probs in dry or the rain with these Pilots, so overall.. they have done a good job!

Thanks!

The pilots are good tyres, mid engined cars are quite tyre sensitive and the car would of been designed with those tyres as part of the suspension design, so id keep with the pilots considering you havent found any problems with them.

-Rob

Tom

ClioSport Club Member
  EV (s)

P zero rossos.

if your brave pilot sport cups. (not for wet or cold use)

Mk2 Clio V6 / 996 C4S

Couldnt say yet mate, Ive only done just over 300 miles. Theyd better not want changing yet.:sick:

V6 Clio

Ran Toyo Proxes T1S on the rear when I wore out the Pilots. Thought they were really good and predictable. Cant comment on wet weather conditions as I drive like an old lady in the rain. Have got Goodyear Eagle F1 on my 18s because Id heard good things but its too early to tell what I think yet. Toyos are pretty good on price, the Michelins can be a lot of money.

V

v6Max

I ran Pilot Sports last year but have now changed to Pirelli PZero Rossos. For the way that I drive the Rossos are much, much better. Grip is better than the Pilot Sports, communication about the road surface is better, braking is better and they dont float across standing water as badly as the Pilot Sports.

There are some downsides: more road noise and shorter life but I can live with those.

They are also cheaper than Pilot Sports I paid 135ish per rear tyre as opposed to 160-170ish with the Pilot Sports.

Pressures are the key thing (as with any car). I run about +5% all round and definitely dont run them less than Renaults specification unless you want to know what 70mph sideways in the face of oncoming traffic feels like :O

Thanks again. It will be a close call between the Pilots and the Pirelli Rossos... I have used Toyo T1s before on other cars and liked them also....its just knowing what suited this car the best from others previous experience.

I check the pressures about every 3-4 weeks ...but they tend to be pretty stable. (and always to Rens Spec).

Would be interesting to hear whos had the hairiest moments in their V6s tho?? Anyone want to own up? : ) Ive learnt from previous (in)experience that replacing worn tyres is worth every penny once they start to reach the minimum level! ... far too many lamp posts around for that!

Forester Sti, SC Clio V6,

I am still using the round ones!!

Anyone want some 3000 mile pilot sport fronts (like new) £100 for 2 buyer collects

Off the car as I went for 18s

Mark 1 Clio V6

Where are you getting your Pilot Sports if they are costing you £160-£170?

Renault???

You can get the following prices from http://www.mytyres.netwww.mytyres.net :

front £127.70

rear £121.80

I am going for keeping my V6 totally factory standard, so will be sticking to the Pilots. I have had no problems with them.