ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Admiral Multi-car

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
Just insured my corsa 1.2 sxi run about car and my clio trophy with admiral for the year.

Got a pretty good deal, saved around £200 and they've given me two years NCB for nothing....how they can do that I have no idea but it's all good.

So by the end of the policy in dec 2011 I will have two sets of no claims, 4 years on the corsa and 3 years on the trophy. I think the overall policy cost came to £1600 which isnt bad for a 21 year old.

All fully comp with my girlfriend and mother on the policies, all legal protection, extra legal protection for me in other vehicles, personal injury cover, payment protection, top break down cover etc.

After having a few moments last year I figured having break down cover really helps :eek:

I'm normally an adrian flux customer but this year the quote's I was getting were rubbish and admiral were top on everything.

Thumbs up from me and highly recommended ;)

Lotus Elise
I would second that comment for admiral multicar. I have been with them for just 6 months now and I must say its a good deal. We have 5 cars on our policy all in different names and all our own policies. (Dont quite understand it myself) They gave me an extra years NCB so in total I have 4 at the age of 19 WIN!!!!!!!!

I got a quote from them for my 200 and a 172 cup and it was coming in around £1300. Not bad for 20 year old.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
I have my 2005 182 cup and the mrs 2009 astra twintop with them, was 475 for the year! I'll wait to see what the renewal is like tho!

ph1 track weapon
theyre good, but a rip off with any mods, and spent 45 mins on the phone to them yesterday trying to insure the new 172, but at the end of the call she told me my clio '1.2' was all covered, cue another half hour talking her through the engine size etc!

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
theyre good, but a rip off with any mods, and spent 45 mins on the phone to them yesterday trying to insure the new 172, but at the end of the call she told me my clio '1.2' was all covered, cue another half hour talking her through the engine size etc!

From my previous experience with them, if phone before 2pm, you get Wales. After that you get Delhi ....

From my previous experience with them, if phone before 2pm, you get Wales. After that you get Delhi ....

You get canada too sometimes! One of the best things about admiral tbh, is a call center that understands you.

Oh and use this number to call them 02920601294 ;)

ph1 track weapon
i got wales, and she was useless, and just got off the phone to brentacre, who came back cheaper :D

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
I have both the Vee and BM with Admiral - MultiCar! I find them very helpful and pleasant on the phone, they're quick to do things and sent out documents! I wouldn't change.

BMW M5 & E36
How does multicar work if you're part way through a current policy on one car already? Say I started a new policy, with a 2nd car, could the 1st car be included when its due to be renewed?

How does multicar work if you're part way through a current policy on one car already? Say I started a new policy, with a 2nd car, could the 1st car be included when its due to be renewed?

When I was enquiering about mines, they said they would 'merge' my current policy into the multicar deal with the new car.

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
I'm not sure about adding one part way through but the trophy isnt due on until the summer and the guy said aslong as the car is insured with us for more than 3 months without any claims then you'll earn a years NCB on that car.

It might be worth giving them a call....

The only downside is I was on the phone for 40 mins, I'm dreading my phone bill next month :(

I spoke to them about that.

What happens is the policy on the first car starts as normal, and when the second car renews, you call them up and you get another policy for the second car from that date until the date the first car renews then they both renew at the same time.

They did a fantastic deal for me on my own single policy.
19 years old + 3 points on a 1.2 16v, £750 including upgraded everything, legal cover, windscreen, breakdown, courtesy car etc.
And the best bit, they will acknowledge my last two years as a named driver and at the end of this policy, they will give me a years no claims for this year, and 2 years no claims for my two years named driver experience, giving me a total of 3 years no claims.

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS
^ yeh, i think thats right...Basically mine sits with the BM as it's an all yr round car... Example.

Come Feb 11-Feb12:

BMW Renewal - £600

Come May/June when i add the clio, i have 8months remaining, they prorate the balance.

Clio premium till Feb 12 - £500 Say.

Come Nov when i take it off the road, Admiral refund the balance between Nov and Feb whist taking an admin fee of £10ish and voiding the Multi-car discount. I got back £186 this yr. So in essence it's cost just over £300 for the period it was on the road.

Mazda 3 MPS Mk1
they charged me 92 on top of my policy for cams, exhaust coilovers etc which didnt seem too bad. once i had explained what a cam was....

340i
I am with Admiral also... I was on the phone for one hour with a Canadian guy, saved me around £150 and my Dad £100 iirc.

Giulietta 940
they charged me 92 on top of my policy for cams, exhaust coilovers etc which didnt seem too bad. once i had explained what a cam was....

They wanted £45 per mod for me :( Hopefully they will be more competitive when mine's up for renewal in February.

Little bit of an old thread, but just a bump to say how good Admiral are.

Long story short, one accident last year sorted without a fuss (fairly large payout to fix a car), when we moved at the start of the year it was for a saving of almost £2k (five cars all with Zurich Premiere before that) and they have been absolutely first class with renewals/all conversations.

Cheaper is not always worse off.

Clio 1.6 16v
I have found admiral Really good aswell with my multi car!

On mine there is me (Main driver of the clio with 2 named drivers)

and on the other car- corolla t sport compressor) dad as main driver with mother as a named.

All comes up to £1440

Which in honesty for a 18 year old insuring a 1.6 16v isnt that bad at all i didnt think :)

Breaking 172 NV676
I have been with Admiral for about 5 years now (with a little spell with bell in the middle but they are essentially the same company) I have my 172 cup and 1.7cdti 10plate corsa and it only costs £1200 at 24, but that does include 25,000 annual mileage on the corsa and modifications delcared on the clio.

They have only irritated me about one thing and that was the £24 they charged me to declare my alloys which were standard cup alloys painted yellow, other than that never had a problem with them even when I claimed 4 years ago so easy to sort out.

Hoping the renewal drops loads as its due in a couple of months!

Corsa Van. Meh.
Admiral were stupidly expensive for me.

Me and the gf on the clio and her ka. 25k per annum on the clio and 6k on the ka. They wanted £1500. Were both 25 with 7 years no claims discount.

We've had separate quotes each around the £400 mark so Admiral are nearly double.