ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ad block plus etc & Google Chrome for ipad?

I've just acquired an ipad 4, but I'm getting fed up with pop up ads appearing when I watch stuff on safari.
If I shove Chrome on it, can I add the Ad block plus extension to it too?

If not, what can I use? (I understand it's not a computer etc) and I'll only really use it to watch stuff.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
It's free but there is also an upgraded (paid for) version - I am unsure what the benefits of the paid for version are.

This app is it's own web browser in its own entirety.

I'm not overly keen on Chrome in general though.

It's free but there is also an upgraded (paid for) version - I am unsure what the benefits of the paid for version are.

This app is it's own web browser in its own entirety.

I'm not overly keen on Chrome in general though.
What's that one called? Do I have to use that one, or can I still use safari?

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
The AdBlock app I linked you to is it's own web browser with a built in Ad Block mate.

It's not a plug-in for separate browsers.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
Go on the appstore - search 'AdBlock'

It should have a logo of a red 'X' and the developer is Benjamin Lowe.

I don't use any ad-blocking software but I have a couple of friends who use this just to stop Vevo ads etc on uTube.

Go on the appstore - search 'AdBlock'

It should have a logo of a red 'X' and the developer is Benjamin Lowe.

I don't use any ad-blocking software but I have a couple of friends who use this just to stop Vevo ads etc on uTube.
I saw it dude, I was just wondering what the browser's called ;) (mainly so I can see if my geeky colleague's heard of it etc, he's a complete apple gimp)

I had William Hill ads turn up etc, I don't want that crap, so I'll be getting the ad block.

Typhoon

Gangsta
ClioSport Moderator
I saw it dude, I was just wondering what the browser's called ;) (mainly so I can see if my geeky colleague's heard of it etc, he's a complete apple gimp)

I had William Hill ads turn up etc, I don't want that crap, so I'll be getting the ad block.

Ha, fair play!

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Would be nice to have ad blocker extensions but not that simple on Apple.

How's about spyware & anti virus stuff? Or is it not needed?

I was looking up some err, pics yesterday & it opened a few new pages, one came up with police on it, the Ipad reset itself just as I hit the off button (all seems OK though)
Can I not look up tits on this thing?