ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

A Sneak Peak!

Italian 3.2 V6
:rasp:...of the new wheels - 15" Magesium (4.5kg each) Ex-ClioCup Oz F1s -, all will be revealed tmrw after a good wash etc :D:rasp:

3715705173a10627422555o.jpg

(sorry for s**t quality pic, iphone)

all i can say is wwaaaawwaaawweeeeewaaaa in all areas!! (performance and looks)

cheers, piers.
http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?t=412526

Bumder With A Buffer
How much does a normal wheel roughly weigh? Do lighter wheels really make that much of a difference mate?

Normal 182 wheels are 17.7kg with a tyre. 172 wheels possibly the same.

My Monza R's I have in 15 are 15.5kg with tyres.

Lighter weighted wheels = better acceleration maybe... due to the flywheel/shafts having to turn less weight. (I could be wrong on that part but thats the jist!)

Italian 3.2 V6
How much does a normal wheel roughly weigh? Do lighter wheels really make that much of a difference mate?

between, 17-18kg (with tyres) and yess they do, i can assure u that! the way forward is light-weight 15" wheels, im never going back to 16"s car felt so slugish on 16"s best buy i have ever made is these wheels! really do make a huge difference! cornering, accel and ride (due to the tyres) just makes the car a whole lot more fun!

Cool! Dare I ask how much these set you back?

keep an eye out in the update later tday on that one.

Lighter weighted wheels = better acceleration maybe... due to the flywheel/shafts having to turn less weight. (I could be wrong on that part but thats the jist!)

correct!

big thanks for all the gr8 comments guys :D

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep

I weighed my spare 15" OZ with brand new tyre on at just under 17kg !

Rotating weight has an equivalent mass of approx. 6 times, so when rotating at speed, 17kg becomes 102kg (per wheel) and 15.5kg becomes 93kg ! So you can see the differences already...

:cool: