ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cookie's Golf R32

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Hai.
Finally, a new car.
golf.jpg

61k, 3 previous owners I think.
Appears to have been reasonably well looked after (aside from a few issues that I need to get resolved)
Obviously I'm a fan of going full Skittles, so it's already broken.
Hopefully just a duff wheel bearing, but we'll see. Bought it from a garage so if its something more serious I'll get them involved.
Needs a wheel refurb, thinking anthracite or maybe just silver. Definitely not black.
Only other plans might be to replace the headunit, which is a double DIN Pioneer jobby, but no screen.

Sounds hilarious and it's fun kicking the s**t out of it.

It needs a proper clean, will take more pictures when I've managed to do that

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great mate, manual or dsg?

Or do they only do dsg on these?
Oooh I forgot that. Manual.
@Davyy - Slower in a straight line, but feels more alive from low revs whereas the M3 felt dead before 4-5k
@JackD - They sound like a chorus of angry trumpets. I've driven one that had a Milltek system, and it was just the same noise but louder.

Exactly like this

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
If you bought it from a garage, why does it need a proper clean? And why is it broken??

Do you just buy the first car you look at??
Pretty much. I shouldn't be allowed to buy cars by myself.
They did offer to wash it, I declined. I imagine it was washed when it came in and they haven't washed it again (which was a few weeks ago).

Test drive unfortunately didn't show up whatever it is that's broken. Which is annoying. Garage is also 65 miles away, so it's not like I can just pop back in during the day.

ForceIndia

ClioSport Club Member
  Gentlemans spec 200
Is the rear bumper a different shade of silver? Or is it just because it's plastic?

Evo 5 RS
Manual, woop! Silver is the fastest colour.

Glad you finally got one, but you're not selling it to me lol - if it's hanging from the day you picked it up that doesn't reflect well on them! Mine had been detailed 3 days before i picked it up!

P.S you copied my mileage x

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Manual, woop! Silver is the fastest colour.

Glad you finally got one, but you're not selling it to me lol - if it's hanging from the day you picked it up that doesn't reflect well on them! Mine had been detailed 3 days before i picked it up!

P.S you copied my mileage x
Most of the rest of their stuff was freshly cleaned, a few weren't. I guess it was just missed off. It's only two guys, must have 30 cars in their unit. They were nice to deal with though.

@Hans. - It hasn't moved since we moved in, nearly 2 years ago. Apparently it has ignition problems. Next time I see her I'll see if she wants me to dispose of it for her. That black Clio across from her house is her second new car since that Clio broke.

DB.

BMW 440i
100% get the OEM RNS-510 head unit!

Just sold my Golf with it and helps the resale value no end as well as making the interior look much smarter. The DVD function can also be made to carry on working for passengers, or you can just have the noise from a DVD playing with the sat nav/map on the screen.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
100% get the OEM RNS-510 head unit!

Just sold my Golf with it and helps the resale value no end as well as making the interior look much smarter. The DVD function can also be made to carry on working for passengers, or you can just have the noise from a DVD playing with the sat nav/map on the screen.
My dad has it in his Touareg, is a funky system
@Scrooge has made me want these -> http://www.rimstyle.com/alloywheels/detail/?car_model_id=1349&year=2006&s=WMxeSeDI
FFS

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf
That is a lovely subtle looking performance barge I would say. If it was mine I would have everything done as standard and just wash it every so often. Don't do amamphashite wheels either it will look poor and aftermarket.
Everything silver and just look after it.
Nice car.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
I like the standard wheels. The whole car looks epic. Perfect spec barring the dsg missing. Great family wagon!

Golf tee mod done yet?

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Bet it has budget tyres anaw.

Jks, looks good!
PS3's all round, makes a change!
I like that Conti's are only 92 quid a corner for these. Makes a change from 150 for the M3 size.

Oh, it has normal seats, remembered that now. Didn't like the Recaro's. Standard seats are awesome though.

PS3's all round, makes a change!
I like that Conti's are only 92 quid a corner for these. Makes a change from 150 for the M3 size.

Oh, it has normal seats, remembered that now. Didn't like the Recaro's. Standard seats are awesome though.

Pleasant surprise tbh!