ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Pauls inferno 182 :D

I have owned a Black 1.2 Clio for the past year which i loved but it obviously lacked power. I picked up a 2005 inferno orange 182 cup last thursday and i'm so happy with my purchase.

My old Clio.
289hswm.jpg

My new purchase.
6rr0xf.png

4q23cm.jpg

166bq04.jpg

des3eg.jpg

I have a few modifications to be on with this weekend.
  • Fitting Cooksport springs
  • De-badging the back
  • switching the lights with the xenons off my 182
  • Giving it a full clean and polish due to travelling to kent and back from blackpool on monday to pick up my mates inferno 182.
  • Resoring headlights.

I have alot of other ideas that i want to do to my car and i'll keep you updated, i would love to hear some ideas :D

Even though i planned to do quite a bit of work on my 182 it didn't go to plan. With the assistance of @Stonzy we fitted cooksport lowering springs, i removed the wind deflectors from my 1.2 and fitted them to my 182 and changed the old plates round with my new plates.

IMG_26781_zps100b2dbe.jpg

Removing the wind deflectors was quite easy with the use of two screwdrivers :smiley:
IMG_26731_zps15b48abd.jpg

I decided to purchase new plates due to the old one having scottish flags on them and i wanted a 3/4 plate for the front anyway as they look smarter than a standard one due to eliminating any overhang.

IMG_26761_zpsd337514c.jpg

IMG_26811_zps3e129834.jpg

When removing the old springs we did have a bit of trouble with the bolts as the car is 9 years old there was some age related corrosion on the bolts so removing them became a ball ache. Before the new springs were fitted i decided to clean the dampers as they were filthy :smile:

IMG_26741_zpse69cb0cb.jpg

I have fitted new suspension before on my old 1.2 and a few friends cars and its always been annoying due to not using any spring compressors and the top mounts are always an annoying part. This time around with spring compressors and the correct tools and knowledge the top moun ts didn't give us any problems and the springs were fitted easily.

IMG_26751_zpsb3be4e8e.jpg

The rear springs are always an easy part of the process due to being able to fit them both at once :smiley::up:

IMG_26791_zps5b0640de.jpg

IMG_26721_zpsa3a1f931.jpg

When i purchased the car the rear end was sitting lower than the front for some reason, once the cooksport springs were fitted the car was sitting miles better :smile::up:

IMG_26801_zpsd565875a.jpg

IMG_26771_zps6b5c93b5.jpg

The next work to be carried out hopefully this Saturday is to swap my 182 headlights with the xenons on my 1.2 and as the headlights are faded slightly i will restore them with the use off 2000 grade grit paper, G10 compound and a buffer :up::smile:

Also i think my 182 deserves a thorough clean and polish :tongueout:

If I were you I would spray the badges dark grey or black and the same for the wheels. Don't think silver wheels suit the car very well.

Looks good on the silver wheels imo, once the polished xenons are on coupled with the clean plate it'll transform the front end.

This weekend involved me and @Stonzy (guy with the other inferno) completing numerous of jobs on my inferno.

The first job of the weekend was replacing my old piper-cross air filter with a new extended induction kit. I decided to do this to try and reduce the amount of heat soak the inlet air under goes.
image_zps407b4307.jpg
#

To change the inlet it involved me removing the battery to fit the new filter.
image_zps92829c06.jpg

image_zps971f00dc.jpg

After fitted the cars induction sounded so much better and the cars acceleration seemed better, so all in all a positive replacement.

Due to my car being a cup it does not have any xenon headlights with is a downer. Luckily for me i purchased xenons for my 1.2 so i decided to switch them round. A problem with the new xenons was they were faded so i decided to clean them with 2000 grade paper and G10 compound on a buffer.

To start off i masked off the front end of my 1.2 as i didn't want any of the compound to get on any black plastics as it can stain.
image_zps801507cf.jpg

Next i used 2000 grade paper and hot soapy water to smooth out the scratches and defects on the lights, after that i buffered the headlights with G10 compound keeping the lights wet with cold water. The results can be seen below which i think they came out great and look miles better.

image_zps3b08d28e.jpg

image_zps9dc08971.jpg

Now the lights were at the standard i was aiming for it was time to swap the lights around. This process was found to be quite a ball ache as some of the bolts didn't seem to want to come loose. Eventually the lights were removed from both cars and swapped.
image_zpsff74922b.jpg

image_zps76d1e9fd.jpg

image_zps3f5614da.jpg

image_zpsdb3f99b8.jpg

The next day i thought seeming though my car was filthy due to travelling to Kent and back and Manchester and back from Blackpool it needed some TLC.
image_zps90595b5e.jpg

image_zpsc4d22b46.jpg

image_zps0e32ba29.jpg

To start off i snow foamed the car all over to get rid as much dirt as possible. After washing off the snow foam there was still a bit of dirt on the car so decided to wash mitt it all over using several buckets of hot soapy water.

image_zpsdfaa510f.jpg

During the washing process i decided to de-badge the Renault sport badge as i find it quite ugly using a caramel wheel.

image_zps970a0ee9.jpg

image_zpsccc083df.jpg

After the car was dried the wheel were then cleaned the results can be seen below.
image_zpscfc84a31.jpg

image_zpsb756d56e.jpg

The final thing to due was give my car a good polish and wax :up::smile:
image_zps75e78032.jpg

image_zpsafdd475a.jpg

image_zps663f30e5.jpg

Evo 8 MR
Hey, Steve only just realised who it is, hows things man not spoke in ages, you enjoying Aus???
Things are great pal, I can't believe you've got a 182 already, I thought you'd have the 1.2 a lot longer!
Are you guys carrying on at Uni another year?

Things are great pal, I can't believe you've got a 182 already, I thought you'd have the 1.2 a lot longer!
Are you guys carrying on at Uni another year?
Nahhhh i couldn't do with having the 1.2 any longer just lacks power :D and yeah in our final year now, what have you been up to anyway and hows the mazda??? Ive also got your OZ F1s on my 1.2 :D

I'm keeping them silver i think :smiley: xenons and plates have now been fitted :up:
Top job on the xenons, they've came up a treat, as has the wheels. I'm glad you're keeping them silver they look so much better than your mates anthracite 182 ones .

Paul.M

ClioSport Club Member
Car looks great after a good clean!

I don't know if you have seen but there's a few of us meeting up at the lea gate on sunday if you fancy popping along.

An orange one
Cars looking top notch! The springs and xenons have made all the difference! Nice to see its gone to another good home :up: