ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mk3 128 GT

Hi all,

I have a Mk3 clio 128 GT 2009 reg (private plate on car which i want to change) i got it around a two months ago after trying to find the best one around within distance from me. Ended up having to travel 100 miles north from where i live to Luton to get it. I got it from a dealer for £5200 just under 40k miles service history 12 months MOT 6 months Tax 1 year warranty. Which i didn't think was too bad
Less talking more pictures

First pic when i got it home, next to my neighbors fiesta trying to fit new headlights. I managed to get them all done except drivers side cornering lights my hands are just too big.

IMAG0638_zps0db27a2a.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

One of the engine bay, I was deceived as i thought it had a K&N, but it was standard. I have now put a BMC filter in now so its alllllll gooooood
IMAG0636_zps71371934.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

An old friend from college got bored while we were both working at the same place decided to do this. Which to be fair i thought looked pretty cool obviously i cant keep it like that haha
IMAG0762_zps51a5ae4f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Things i have done so far:
Changed all bulbs for xenons and the 2 side lights for LED's (bar the drivers side cornering bulb)
Changed the indicator bulbs for chrome plated ones so they dont give off the horrible orange glow
Swapped the standard panel filter out for a BMC performance one
Team Heko wind deflectors on havn't got a picture of them on yet only did them over the weekend.

Things in the process:
HID kit, i have bought it but im trying to get a date so a mate can give me hand as i dont feel very confident about taking the front bumper off on my own. (while its off and the headlight units are out i will put the drivers side cornering light in wahoo)
LED number plate lights that should be arriving any time soon.

Things for the future:
Lowering springs thinking of dropping it by 35mm
Change the number plate as it means nothing to me. Thinking of getting one 'CL10 ???' not sure on the other letters
De-badge the 'clio' on the rear. Also paint the renault badge black both front and back.
The alloys, i havn't fully made up my mind on it yet. either refurbishing them in a darker color or go for the black rs alloys.
LED lights in the foot-well.
I have also seen on another thread someone who wrapped their splitter black looked great.

Has anyone else got any ideas or anything they have done/would do

HID kit installed, was a pig had to remove the bumper. From start to finish did take an hour and a half a bit of time was spent trying to get the ballast unit into the headlight unit. Anyone who is going to do this turn and pull out the square block in the middle(it'll make sense when you see it) did have a slight problem, when we first turned them on didn't turn on. Make sure the ground and live connect into the correct one. We also had to file down the lugs to get them into the HID socket.
IMAG0790_zps1aef4180.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Also did the led number plate lights.
*previous post I nearly forgot to put that last bulb in lucky I remembered just before w
IMAG0790_zps1aef4180.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]e put the bumper back on lol

Nice to see another gt!
Thats what I love about it!

More updates, I ordered something called plasti dip which is a spray paint that once it drys turns to a rubber film so it can be peeled off. Im going to use it on the front splitter and on the badges. Also ordered some interior lights 2x 'ultra' blue 2x LED. 1x Ultra blue to go in the back and the middle in the front. The 2x LED lights either side of the blue one. Should be here soon

Nothing arrived by Friday so tomorrow when I finish work I'm going to give the car a clean and change the route of the wiring loom in the engine bay.(if youook at the second picture there are some cables going over the manifold I'm going to run them under) just to make the engine bay look that bit cleaner, will upload pictures when its done :)

Clio mk3
Lovely car,my mk3 is lowered by 40mm and it looks and handles much better. I wouldn't plasti dip the splitter,it'll start to peel from stones hitting it. But plasti dip is awesome,done my alloys and interior with it.

Lovely car,my mk3 is lowered by 40mm and it looks and handles much better. I wouldn't plasti dip the splitter,it'll start to peel from stones hitting it. But plasti dip is awesome,done my alloys and interior with it.

Cheers will take your advice on board, is there anything I could wrap it in that wouldnt damage the paintwork which I could remove of I dont like it? What mk3 do you have? I'm looking to lower by 35ish mm. Cheers :)

Clio mk3
Cheers will take your advice on board, is there anything I could wrap it in that wouldnt damage the paintwork which I could remove of I dont like it? What mk3 do you have? I'm looking to lower by 35ish mm. Cheers :)

Could try vinyl wrap,but I think it'll still get damaged from stones etc. only a 1.2 imusic:( with 35mm it's hardly noticeable,here's a photo of how low mine is,sorry for the shitty picture

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1408342252.053259.jpg

Could try vinyl wrap,but I think it'll still get damaged from stones etc. only a 1.2 imusic:( with 35mm it's hardly noticeable,here's a photo of how low mine is,sorry for the shitty picture

View attachment 113582

Looks good all black and the picture makes it look lower because of the shadow lol. Have you done springs or coilovers? If you did use springs what were they like to fit?
I'll put the plasti dip on see what it looks like if I get stone chips I can always rip it off and do it again lol

Not a 320d
Thanks, what did you have?

Malta 128 like yours but no optional extras. H&R Monotube Coilovers, 20mm spacers all round (wished I got 25mm) and camber bolts. Had its geo set up fairly well but it was too low to handle really well. Still it managed to go round corners at ridiculous speeds.

Silvervisions of course!

Malta 128 like yours but no optional extras. H&R Monotube Coilovers, 20mm spacers all round (wished I got 25mm) and camber bolts. Had its geo set up fairly well but it was too low to handle really well. Still it managed to go round corners at ridiculous speeds.

Silvervisions of course!

Sweeeeet! how much did you lower it by? just by comparison from my last car this handles amazing with the standard set up. I would love to take it to a track day or something.
I dont want to sound stupid, what do spacers do? do they in theory push the wheels further out away from the car?

Not a 320d
70mm it was lowered by. Was a nightmare getting over speed bumps.

I saw a Black GT at Cadwell Park at a renaultsport track day once. It was hardly slow although im sure some people will sneer at that comment.

Yeah spacers push the wheels out. So when I first lowered it it looked daft as the wheels were tucked in the arches big time. SO added spacers

When I first picked it up...

IMG00100-20100201-1534.jpg

Lowered with only the rear spacers (None fitted to the front)...

45587_419062072538_684577538_4798342_2885045_n.jpg

Then Spacers added to the front but with no negative camber yet....

IMG00387-20110210-1441.jpg

Then I think this is the last photo I have of it.... Could never get the fronts to Negative 1.5 deg. I think it managed - 1.25 or something.

WP_000042_zpsfcf6d6f1.jpg

Clio mk3
Looks good all black and the picture makes it look lower because of the shadow lol. Have you done springs or coilovers? If you did use springs what were they like to fit?
I'll put the plasti dip on see what it looks like if I get stone chips I can always rip it off and do it again lol

I've got fk sport 40mm springs,was only £80. I had a garage fit them for £40.

What are the badges like to get off?

I only got the front off, found it easy I used an old credit card to put on the bocy work and a small flat head screw driver just to wedge it out. Then it just pops off. I'll attempt the rear another time I think I might need glue just incase and something to polish off the glue from the 'Clio' badge

Clio mk3
I only got the front off, found it easy I used an old credit card to put on the bocy work and a small flat head screw driver just to wedge it out. Then it just pops off. I'll attempt the rear another time I think I might need glue just incase and something to polish off the glue from the 'Clio' badge

With the rear I think you have to take the plasti off from the boot(inside plastic) then it unscrews:)

Yea it's glued on,I used hot soapy water then got a old plastic card to prise it off
Cheers will try and get round to doing that soon. With taking the rear renault badge off is it just the 4 screws on the inside of the boot lid and it pop's off? i have a look earlier but i just want to double check Thanks

Clio mk3
Cheers will try and get round to doing that soon. With taking the rear renault badge off is it just the 4 screws on the inside of the boot lid and it pop's off? i have a look earlier but i just want to double check Thanks

I'm not too sure I haven't done that,was gonna wrap it but didn't get round to it

Im looking into getting a new head unit, one where the screen comes out and has inbuilt GPS/satnav. Has anyone done this or have any recommendations of which unit to go for etc Cheers