ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Liam's ITB'd cup

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Well not so much a project, but a thread to keep all my info/updates in.

After owning a 1.2 16v as my first car, i moved on to an Iceberg Ph2 172, was a bag of s**t when i got it, had the belts done etc and put 25/30k miles on it iirc, but it was on its way out and i had quite fancied a megane for a while so i went and got an R26, i sold the clio to Fraser J as a winter car... and missed it straight away!

Got the megane in August 2013 and done a deal 2 weeks ago with MGCup for his ITB'd 172 cup.

Megane is good, fast and comfy etc but its just not the right car for me. Clios are just too much fun and have so much character.

I dont really have any plans as such, possibly cut a bit out of the exhaust so its not sticking so far out, maybe some bucket seats etc later in the year but im over the moon with it as it is!

Gave it a wash, clay and polish on saturday and my mate took a few pictures, nothing special as he only just got his camera on friday!

e6a7evuh.jpg
6uze8u4u.jpg
utegedab.jpg
anedezar.jpg
5u7ybebu.jpg
ezygyjyp.jpg
uzu7yqut.jpg

Spec as it was when i bought it..

Engine;
Jenvey itbs with gen90 ecu mapped by rs tuning.
Catcam 428 cams.
182 manifold.
Decat.
Oreca cat back exhaust.
Brand new breather tank.
New gates timing belt kit, timing cover painted and sealed.
Varoius engine components blasted and painted.

Suspension;
Spax RSX coilovers (removed, cleaned and Eibach bolts fitted)
Polybushed front end
Polybushed dog bone
Vibra technics engine and gearbox mounts.

Interior;
New pioneer head unit with iPod connection.
Uprated front speakers.
New black headliner.
OMP deep dish wheel.
Gearstick mod. (gearstick sits further back)

Brakes;
new rear genuine pads and discs
new oem front discs with ds2500 pads.

wheels and tyres;
15" speedline 2118s in mint condition.
Toyo r1r's on the front.
Nankang NS-R 2's on the rear.

Last edited:

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
The tailpipe isnt really my cup of tea either which is why i want it chopped a bit and possibly raised into the bumper.

The photos make it look like it sticks out further than it actually does though!

Couple of pics of my old clio and the meg for good measure :p

yqy5y3ar.jpg

9e4eqegu.jpg
sy8anu9y.jpg

Last edited:
  Arctic 182FF
Car looks fantastic and judging by the spec it sounds like a great buy! If I were you I'd spray the upper grill in black as it looks quite grey and faded, it's something I've done on my car and I think it really freshens up the front. Also I'd get a recess cut into the bumper for the exhaust and trim it down (if that's possible).

EDIT: misread what tyres you had on so deleted that part of comment :eek:

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Love the ITBs, certainly doesnt feel any slower than the megane. Obviously doesnt pull as well as the turbo top end but from slow speeds up to 120ish it goes like stink!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Car looks fantastic and judging by the spec it sounds like a great buy! If I were you I'd spray the upper grill in black as it looks quite grey and faded, it's something I've done on my car and I think it really freshens up the front. Also I'd get a recess cut into the bumper for the exhaust and trim it down (if that's possible).

EDIT: misread what tyres you had on so deleted that part of comment :eek:

I know what you mean mate, they are actually in pretty good nick, must just be the photos making them look bad.

I wont be spraying them though as i done that to my last clio and when they got stonechipped they looked s**t!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Morgan kept the BTB, yeah ill get the exhaust sorted out soon enough. Quite fancy a 3" tip up in the bumper the same as my last one!

You missing it? :l

Cup In bits
Yeah the exhaust needs a little tweeking Liam, undo the u bolt underneath and spin it so its closer to the bumper. It looks like its sagged a bit.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I noticed the other day that the sausage filter was a bit dirty so i got myself a cleaning kit and ive given it a good clean, forgot to get a before pic but ill get an after when its dried.

Had a bit of a play with my mate the other night in his mapped R26, up to silly speeds the clio matched it. I was quite happy but i dont think he was :eek:

RB Clio 182
Nice mate, i would change the exhaust tbh as it ruins the car.

Does it feel quicker than your last clio with it having itbs?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Danny_172 Its got the RR print put from RSTuning which shows 193. Not overly fussed about figures though mate as we all know about rolling roads etc!

MrTom Yes it feels quicker than the last one, and even it was a fast one as standard imo. Very happy with it tbh, possibly look into some more power in the future but its fine as it is really!

Aye im unsure what to do with the exhaust, might be in the forsale section very soon! I quite fancy a 3" recessed system with a 182 surround. Could do with something a bit quieter aswell seeing as the Oreca has already woken up the street one night :l

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
This wont happen any time soon if it ever does happen, but can anyone tell me a rough price for parts and what id need to go from the current spec, to a supercharged/turbo set up?

Ive got the Gen90 ECU with the dongle i can plug into the laptop and do datalogging with. Would it be possible to get the car mapped using this or would i need to go darn sarf?

Ta

Ph1 Tom

ClioSport Club Member
This wont happen any time soon if it ever does happen, but can anyone tell me a rough price for parts and what id need to go from the current spec, to a supercharged/turbo set up?

Ive got the Gen90 ECU with the dongle i can plug into the laptop and do datalogging with. Would it be possible to get the car mapped using this or would i need to go darn sarf?

Ta

Probably about £2.5k in parts to go charged if you get all the bits new.

Have you got the gentuner software and the dongle gives you access to that? If so then you can take it anywhere for mapping.

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Ive got the dongle and a cable. Dont know all that much about it as it came with the car.

The kit has discs with it though doesnt it?

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
i need to get myself a flat so the car may need to go. i love it, but a home is more important right now!

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Managed to get a mate to grind a bit off the tail pipe tonight and also raised the box a little, looks a bit better than before but the baffles are fucked already so the box needs to go!

If anyone is selling an exhaust of some sort give me a pm please.

Before:
ahy2u7ag.jpg
8agy9y4e.jpg

After:

u9abyqur.jpg
syvapeqa.jpg
pupyhuze.jpg

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Haven't really done anything with the car other than the usual washing and polishing so far! Great fun to drive though.

I noticed last night that the timing belt cover (I think it's the timing belt cover) is cracked. I can't seem to find one on ebay, does anyone know the actual name of this part or a part number before I phone renault and sound like a dick head?

Sorry for the cap photos, it was hard to get the camera to focus in on the crack

erada5ej.jpg
ezymebap.jpg
aryqaged.jpg

Megane r26
They have a sub section in the members area but here's there number, I order all my parts from them pretty much and they post them too 01902 439211

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
Aye I'm just being a tight b*****d right now and not renewing my membership right away! Haha

Thanks buddy