ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

The Megane R26 project

Well as a lot of you I see are awear , I've finally sold my Cliosport 182 !

It it has been the most amazing car I have ever owned , but while the option was presented to me I decided to take a risk and start a new project !

When I got the Clio , it needed a lot of Love, now the megane is not as bad , but still needs a hell of a lot of love, mainly because of my obsession with having everything done right !

So anyway let's get to it, Photos lol

image_zps942df8b9.jpg

image_zpsc077f5f0.jpg

DCCBFC37-8DDB-46B9-B2E8-D3EE5DFB949D_zpsuxrhhovg.png

9EF10A03-CA31-4E4E-B55F-6481003F3A19_zps9ygdvqpf.jpg

7B6B0C31-321B-4362-AFFA-BC2E48EAABB9_zpsjtg8wru9.png

First impressions of it, well it goes very well compared to the Clio, all the extras are amazing keyless entry!

No suprises it's not very good on fuel haha!

But im looking forward to sorting the bits and bobs and making it more my own ! Comments welcome as always !

First off , the dealer who I bought it from is awful before we go any further lol in hindsight I'd avoid like the plague , but I'm happy enough with the car for now!

I took the car home and found out (after he said he would tax it and didn't ) I had ran all round to sort it , got home with my tax to find he didn't replace the headlight bulb that was gone and I mentioned ! So he did pretty much nothing :/

But you know me , no point mithering, so I decided because I didn't get Xenons I would upgrade to some HIDs , now I fitted a set previously on my mothers car and was very impressed so going the seller out and got hold of another set!

I know what meganes are like so rather than taking the arch liner down and struggling I decided it's easier to remove the bumper and remove headlights to save messing with the wiring when I can't see !

20 mins later
A9CA12B5-BE16-489B-9FFE-4224DA0419BD_zpswnfwkoup.jpg

AE8A8385-7858-41AA-B9EC-6491C472810D_zpsqqi5lmwt.jpg

Made everything 100x easier , but as I removed the headlamps I found that somebody's done the HID route before as there is holes cut in the plastic covers already lol

so saved me a job cracked on when wired up I tested all okay and tried them last night !

I went for 6000k as I wanted a factory style, the beam pattern is spot on and they look great, slightly more blue than the factory xenons but not obviously !

ED5FE404-D01A-4060-925F-BA3F11A858EF_zpsnppdb2qk.jpg

more to follow :)

I also this week set about giving a good clean, the pervious owner hadn't been one who liked cleaning it by looks of it , so I decided give it a once over, still need to do inside as it's full of hay :S I don't know and or want to know lol

EF41E7DE-A349-407C-93BE-D86DE2E5416C_zpstmk8rmw3.jpg

wheels are in half decent condition, one has been kerbed and touched in (very badly) but apart from that not bad! I'll have them sorted no doubt at a later date

have more important things in the To do list if I'm honest !

Cleaned up half a bit

54EDBC22-26DC-4707-830A-2A1E8583AF5D_zpsuirmnciq.jpg

and decided to remove this

246D2C47-A479-434E-A893-F83ECCA345F7_zpsvyu8asfy.jpg

Better imo!

EBB835AB-3A5B-450B-ADF6-1F9E9C295107_zpsafpqkwlz.jpg

And there's no reason why but decided put a sticker on or two

53BBE73B-CE53-4C70-AE5A-EC54960952FF_zpstooysvgx.jpg

DA33F0AB-2C75-4D6D-8562-E75141E54C70_zpsieqtj945.jpg

more to follow

to do list as it stands

Cambelt , aux kit, water pump
Front Discs and pads
Rear discs and pads
Gearbox oil

ill be making my way through them as we go through ill no doubt add loads more lol

TimR26

South Central- West Berks
ClioSport Area Rep
No, the decals aren't the correct ones, probably came with the decal delete option and then had replica decals fitted at a later date.

Genuine front decal
c5089bd6.jpg

Replica has smaller F1 team font, no clear vinyl, different colour.
AE8A8385-7858-41AA-B9EC-6491C472810D_zpsqqi5lmwt.jpg

Genuine rear decal
IMG_4626_zpse5246e9c.jpg

Replica has smaller F1 team font, colour is different and it doesn't curve round the number plate recess.
53BBE73B-CE53-4C70-AE5A-EC54960952FF_zpstooysvgx.jpg

Ahhhh right makes more sense now I can tell ! Maybe worth looking into that then :) I was debating keeping them on but decided yes it's shows it's a F1 lol

really happy with it ATM !

how much do the R26R spoilers fetch? I was thinking about that at some point !

LiamR172

Scotland - NW
ClioSport Area Rep
I was only joking ;)

Sure i read that the R26s didnt have 'MEGANE' though!

Mine doesnt anyways.

Also, the stickers you have fitted kinda ruin it for me. Seems a bit silly having a ktec sticker for example on a standard car!

I was only joking ;)

Sure i read that the R26s didnt have 'MEGANE' though!

Mine doesnt anyways.

Also, the stickers you have fitted kinda ruin it for me. Seems a bit silly having a ktec sticker for example on a standard car!

Wont be standard for long :) pre emting my next items ! Ktec exhaust is most likely can always take them off if I choose a different route
Was a random sticker I had from my previous exhausts

I can can only assume it's special lol not certain why it had it the megane ! Defiantly a R26 I checked just to be sure lol

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
R26's do come with MEGANE on the back as I removed mine. It's the R26r that doesn't have it.

Ahhhh right makes more sense now I can tell ! Maybe worth looking into that then :) I was debating keeping them on but decided yes it's shows it's a F1 lol

really happy with it ATM !

how much do the R26R spoilers fetch? I was thinking about that at some point !

Adam at Renault Wolverhampton does the R26r spoilers for £105. They come unpainted though.

R26's do come with MEGANE on the back as I removed mine. It's the R26r that doesn't have it.

Adam at Renault Wolverhampton does the R26r spoilers for £105. They come unpainted though.

You can still get them new? I get staff discount through work at Renault :) so I'll try that then I can paint it myself or I have a few friends that are painters :)

any other worth while mods?

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
The short shift mod transforms the gear change and is one of the best mods you can do and cheap.

PM this person on rsmegane as he sells them.
http://www.rsmegane.com/member.php?6678-andrewjeffs

Spot on! Can imagine it makes a fair difference I've just messaged the bloke on RS megane :)

The more I look at it more I prefer the megane R26R spoiler looks like something's missing with out it lol

what stage have you done yours too ? And what mods? I've seen stage 1 is practically map at 260bhp ish , but them stage 2 is about 275 ?
Im thinking exhaust , front mount really don't wanna take the cat out but if needs a must !

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Mine is Stage 2 RS Tuning remap, Forge intercooler, hard pipes, actuactor, and recirc, ITG induction kit, 630cc injectors, Ktec 3" turbo back exhaust.

Mine is Stage 2 RS Tuning remap, Forge intercooler, hard pipes, actuactor, and recirc, ITG induction kit, 630cc injectors, Ktec 3" turbo back exhaust.

Thats pretty much where i am aiming I think!

Progressively won't be all over night ! What are the K-tec exhausts like to live with? I had a ktec on the 182 , unsilenced with decat and it was quite loud , want something that isn't over bearing !

TimR26

ClioSport Area Rep
Thats pretty much where i am aiming I think!

Progressively won't be all over night ! What are the K-tec exhausts like to live with? I had a ktec on the 182 , unsilenced with decat and it was quite loud , want something that isn't over bearing !

The 3" system is quiet when you want it to be and sounds great when you floor it.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
Nice car but watch the figures on the remap side. seems like there plucked out of mid air. i would expect 250-255 for stage 1.
Mine is 285bhp.

When you coming to get your next one @The Russian. ;)

Plans for more? Lol

Yep, Decat and itg filter that was all to.

Standard power is still a nice delivery.

Ive obviously not had it too long but still enjoying everything , the drive is fantastic compare to the Clio, clutch is light so much easier to deal with daily !

And compared to the Clio feels quicker so for now happy!

Looks a nice example. Have a listen to the Scorpion system for these, sounds awesome!

Thanks mate :) will be good when I'm finished hopefully , still needs love but I'm awkward with cars and like everything done right , so I guess that will happen no matter what !

I've been searching through exhausts ATM, I can't find loads of the scorpion , mostly YouTube ones don't seam to do them justice , think I quite like the K-tec system ATM, the quieter one of the two, as much as I like exhaust noise it got rather weary in the Clio , so I wanna keep the megane fairly normal !

I followed your old 182 thread closely and if that's anything to go by this will be minty mint!

Think my friend has a video of a Meg that had it fitted at his work, I'll ask him!

Thank you :) was gutted to let the 182 go but I'd gotten to a point where it was as good as it will ever be and the only thing left was to turbo , and I didn't fancy sinking money into it !

Plus I fancied a new project haha!

That at would be awesome I'm going do a bit of research before I buy a exhaust this time lol if he has any vids I'd appreciate it !

Well good news today is , Cambelt kit aux kit water pump etc are getting done on the 11th of April, going to birchdown, I could do it myself , but by time I've bought the locking tools etc it doesn't work out much cheaper and I really really cba , and they give a warranty which is nice !

Bad news of today , engine malfunction indication lamp has flashed at me earlier in traffic , plugged it in when I got home , P3000, rand cylinder misfire ! Sakkkke ! New plugs soon and I know the coil packs are common as fook ! :/
great