ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MarkCup's Fiesta ST

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Yesterday I said goodbye to my Clio 200 after 18 months and 30k miles and hello to its replacement, a Molten Orange Fiesta ST.

After just under 24hrs which has included 107 miles driven all in, one fill-up (mandatory charts and s**t to follow), 3.5hrs cleaning it of all its transit dust/grime/stickers/film, and an early morning drive to the Goodwoood Supercar Breakfast Club, here it is...

DSCN0537_zpsb9c367c0.jpg

DSCN0554_zpsdeac80ac.jpg

DSCN0540_zpsfcc980f8.jpg

DSCN0549_zps59fe230b.jpg

DSCN0543_zpsd792daea.jpg

DSCN0552_zpsa9bf5b5c.jpg

DSCN0546_zps127ca36b.jpg

Fuel economy is pretty good, yesterday I saw 49mpg average, today after the run to Goodwood the average is down to 37mpg. LOL. I'll get 50+ on my commute.

Driving wise it'll take a while to get used to the torque having spent the last decade looking for it at 5k+. The low down urge and growly noise it makes while it catapults you up the road is hilarious. Any gear, 2.5k rpm, lovely.

The steering, brakes, throttle response, driving position, all just feel...right. Gearshift? It's slick, positive, and light, everything I wished for in my 200.

I can't wait to get it on track.

3,000 sold already, Ford are on to a winner.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
I like it, a lot. I think the colour needs to be seen in person though as on my phone it looks like a washed out red.

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
Love it, I've said from day one that Ford will steal customer and market share from other brands who sell hot hatches, they will sell these by the bucket load!

Since when did you go for Molten Orange, weren't you getting blue?

MO is the hero's choice, just a shame you appear to have taken those pics with a Nokia 3310 Lol :eek:

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I like it, a lot. I think the colour needs to be seen in person though as on my phone it looks like a washed out red.

+1

I cannot get on with it, although i'm sure its nice in person.

It sounds like a very good package Mark. I'm still personally drawn to the 200t though.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
For the seat haters. Just sit in then, you'll forget about how ugly they look ;)

very nice mark! You'll join me in praise for the ecoboost engine now? I think it's a remarkable engine!

​should have waited for the blue though :p

Jaff, are they the same pews as you get in the Focus ST?

EDIT: BTW it's not the same engine as in your Focus. Although yes it's meant to be very good all the same. I'm interested to see what the rumoured Focus RS will be like with the 2.3 Ecoboost.

realnumber 1

ClioSport Club Member
Love it! Not seen Molten Orange in the flesh yet but looks similar to Inferno on some pics I've seen.

I bet your 200 "Costs" chart is going to look a bit disastrous with the hit you must have taken on PX!

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Jaff, are they the same pews as you get in the Focus ST?

EDIT: BTW it's not the same engine as in your Focus. Although yes it's meant to be very good all the same. I'm interested to see what the rumoured Focus RS will be like with the 2.3 Ecoboost.

Yes they are, although in the focus st3 you get the full leathers, not sure if its an option on the fiesta.

​as for the engine, doesn't matter if its smaller its the same tech, same character all be it less powerful in a smaller car. I think the ecoboost engine (be it 1.0 or 2.0) is a cracking piece of kit! I'm also looki forward to the rumoured 2.3

TTRS & V50
I love how this has started out from the VS thread and now here you are with one on your driveway. Love it soo much.

Colour is not to my taste. And seats are a bit bulky for sports seats, I prefer slim Recaros to bulky ones, they look Astra VXR'y (this is being picky).

However everything else makes it a perfect hot hatch with the added MASSIVE bonus of MPG.

Hopefully the 2.3 will be over-engineered for the job, just like the 2.5 i5 in the MkII RS. Plenty of tuning headroom would a necessity in the RS really.

Jaff.

ClioSport Club Member
Unfortunately I think the 2.3 will be a bored out 2.0 with a bigger blower on it as the next engine up they have is the 3.0 (iirc) v6 (no way of making it a small 4 pot) and that's for across the pond.

Ive no doubt the 2.3 will be cracking too though, and probably wot be long until it appears in the fiesta from some tuning companies

320d
Love it Mark. I really fancy one of these in the future. RS Clio pace, manual gearbox, good handing and as said about the MASSIVE bonus of good economy.

gez 172

ClioSport Club Member
  Defender 110
Lovely car! Good choice!

theres an orange one around my way, looks great!

the seats don't take my fancy, but I don't think they look bad either.

Apart from that, great car! Need better pics and incar vid ;) :)

Lovely car but I can't help think they are abit "young persons hot hatch", if that makes any sense?

Like the polo to the golf etc...

For the younger guys. It would have to be Focus ST for me.

Big fan mark. In my opinion this is considerably better than the 200T and as mentioned I expect ford will vastly outsell anyone else in the small hot hatch marque.

Congratulations on the purchase. I hope you enjoy it :)

Mondeo TXS Bardge.
A fully loaded st2 is about £18.5k list. Still a chunk cheaper than a basic Clio. I must admit I don't like the orange in bright light its more like a salmon pink especially on the bumpers. Looks much better at twilight as do the other special colours the sprit blue for example. but the blue imo is the best colour in the range. Though having seen a race red I'd have that over the orange. The seats are nice though they are like a 90% version of the focus ones. They are noticeably narrower. At a recent open day at mountune dealer we were speaking to a chap and although the engines hold great potential the stuff bolted to them limits them greatly. The focus its the turbo its on its limit at 300bhp. And with the fiesta its the intercooler they say you can't fit larger one on there without major surgery to the crash members etc. They didn't give figures but we estimate it'll be Atleast 210bhp on paper and 220 in reality and though they did say it would be "surprisingly cheap" probably because there will be little to no hard wear required. Revo are getting these upto 230bhp but you don't get the warranty.