ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

BMW E30 325i Project

330i. E30 Touring.
I'm currently on the train back from agreeing the purchase of this little beauty.

Some details about the car:

It's a 1989 325i cab which has had one owner from new!

-50k miles!
-manual gearbox
- M-tec 1 kit from factory
- full BMW service history prior to being tucked up in a garage.

The car has been off the road since 2002, when someone stole the interior. It had just undergone a full respray so subsequently the bodywork is in fantastic condition! There's not a spec or bubble of rust anywhere!

My plans are to bring it back to the Failsport workshop and bring this little beauty back to it's best! Needs pretty much a whole mechanical overhaul, a full service, inspection 2, cambelt change etc.

The tyres are old and brittle, so it will be getting treated to fresh rubber all round. Also, a replacement interior has been sourced, but the drivers seat is tatty, so will need to address that. Basically, I want it looking as mint as possible and mechanically perfect.

Anyway, pictures speak louder than words-

It's current home and the uncovering:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356190104.233661.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356190124.493073.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356190162.930312.jpg

We opened the doors, bonnet to inspect. Everything is mouldy and could do with a proper clean up!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356190245.681981.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356190265.960861.jpg

We then opened the tonneau and folded back the roof to check operation an condition:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356190310.760333.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356190335.928344.jpg

Not a spot of rust under the tonneau!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356190362.331610.jpg

Few other random pics I took:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356190409.224043.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356190426.099360.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356190451.677406.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356190471.074625.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356190488.074874.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1356190529.893299.jpg

Aim is to have it ready by Le Mans this year.

Hope you like- this thing is going to take up a fair amount of my time and money!

330i. E30 Touring.
I'm still amazed at the condition of the thing. The bodywork is fantastic considering it's 23 years old!

Will be interesting when I get it back to strip everything down and see what needs replacing from there!

Massively gay. Looks like something omar and his boys would ride around Bradford in, whilst whistling at underage white girls.

Jokes its not an e36

Saab 93 Aero Wagon
I begrudgingly like this. It's still a crock of s**t and I will have to be drunk to been seen in it with the roof down at Le Mans (which won't be a struggle) but I'm strangely looking forward to helping to get it 'mint'.

If it breaks down in the middle of France though I'm doing the decent thing and leaving you there.

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
I trust the first job is to remove that gash spoiler and towbar??

330i. E30 Touring.
Cheers guys!

Dan- spoiler and tow bar will be going I think. Not a main priority though at this stage. Getting it road legal/worthy first!

PMSL at the Omar comment. It's the Hounslow mobile.

Ollie- knew it. Roof down. B*witched killing the speakers. Sideways. That's Le Mans.

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Lols! It certainly needs some good loving. Awesome machine though. Are the coupes expensive?

330i. E30 Touring.
Lols! It certainly needs some good loving. Awesome machine though. Are the coupes expensive?

Coupe in mint condition with this spec and miles would be £6k probably!

Unsure what this will be worth when it's done, but I'm pretty sure I won't lose much.

if you remove the spoiler, you're a massive fag.

You CANNOT destroy an original car. Especially and Mtech-1.

Edit: Although having said that I don't actually think its and Mtech-1 or Mtech-2 spoiler anyway. So crack on.

Yeah, It actually looked like the Mtech-2 at first glance, then noticed it had 3 mounting points, which is way off.

Original Mtech-1 spoiler would be awesome.

330i. E30 Touring.
In the metal, it actually looks pretty OEM, hence it not being a huge priority.

I'm a bit apprehensive to be painting anything on it if I can help it!

Won't be doing any irreversible mods. May get a touch lower if I find some decent coilovers, but I'm in no rush!

330i. E30 Touring.
BBS' are staying- I love them! Will get a full refurb at some point but they're in really good nick considering the age!

Re: tow bar- the guy had a jet ski. I don't care about the towing, i just don't like the bumper cut-out. Will have to either practice my plastic welding skills or get a new one (more likely!). Will probs see if I can swap with whoever buys the towbar.

330i. E30 Touring.
Transport arranged.

Should be at mine by tomorrow lunchtime.

That's my weekend mapped out then.