ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cookie's Mondeo ST220 Estate

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
391244_10151657664381917_233370391_n.jpg

Only the one picture at the mo, because I haven't taken anymore. Private plate is going back to the seller when he sorts it out with the DVLA. Original plate is an 03, so this has a 5 speed box and the older style stereo.

Fings to do:

- Put a Mondeo badge back on. Seller took it off because the 'o' was wonky (someone probably nicked an o, and the guy that put it back didn't do it carefully enough.
- Replace the ST220 badge. The ST bit is white, which is weird.
- Possibly remove and respray the rear spoiler bit above the tailgate, as it's had a really s**t spray job at some point (paint looks almost matt)
- Get Autoglass/whoever out to inject the crack that the seller picked up on Friday, right in the drivers eyeline. Seller has said that if they can't inject it then he'll pay my windscreen excess, which is a nice gesture
- Replace the stereo with something half way decent. The seller did have a Clarion screen headunit in there, but I didn't like the look of it so knocked 250 quid off the price of the car, and he switched it back to the standard headunit.
- Drive car

It makes a lovely noise. Car has done 74k, interior is immaculate as is most of the paint. Wheels have no dings at all. Full Ford Service history, even the paint checks which is mental. Has some sort of aftermarket warranty that's being transferred into my name. It's also got a reverse parking camera (which was connected to the screen) with the wiring still intact, so I'll probably make use of that again at some point.

Paid £3750, h'actually in love with the car. Even the missus is besotted with it, and she's not a) driven it or b) ever liked my cars before.

Last edited:

Owen

ClioSport Admin
Very nice. Looks big enough that we could poss squeeze the CS marquee in the back.

Miles/age/spec etc?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
They're awesome. Like the normal man's BMW touring. Much better looking than the new style aswell.

Good buy, sounds like a bit of a project. Cheap car though.

Cookie

ClioSport Club Member
Very nice. Looks big enough that we could poss squeeze the CS marquee in the back.

Miles/age/spec etc?

74k, 03 plate, it's got lots of toys. Has optional xenons, but I'm not sure what else was an option tbh.

gally, it was between a 330i Touring and the ST220, and the ST220 won out. Both are similar prices second hand. Way way less ST220's though, so my Mondeo is more exclusive than a Beemer :eek:

GiT

ClioSport Club Member
  Shit little Yaris...
Love the look of that! I didn't realise they had done an estate - I think I'd of preferred one over my hatch :/

The Chubby Pirate

ClioSport Club Member
  Golf R
I do like these although i prefer the saloons i think! Good choice and good call on the xenons - not many of these with iirc

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Love this colour :)
Low miles too, fsh... seems a cracker of a deal!