ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Joe's Racing Blue Project

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member
So then, following on this thread - http://www.cliosport.net/forum/showthread.php?648971-New-Car-Content

Since I can't drive the car until the back end of August, I thought I might as well start doing a few little bits to the car.

I started by doing a headlight correction. The top half's of the headlights were the only parts affected, so I taped up a section and wet and dried the top half's. After using Megs Scratch X, I use a Menzena polish and then applied a good few layers of FK1000p. the beading looks great;)

Before/after's (the before's are taken on my iPhone sorry)

7575885694_3032b5439b_z.jpg

IMG_1037 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

7575742828_1e4122220c_z.jpg

IMG_3859 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

7575881728_d945ac2e7c_z.jpg

IMG_1038 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

7575717830_0d7f24f160_z.jpg

IMG_3857 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

Next up was a new rear bumper light unit, as they seem to go a bit dull after a while. Again this was protected with a few layers of FK1000p

Before

7575641258_e158f0a31b_z.jpg

IMG_3852 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

After

7575671612_4543d5139b_z.jpg

IMG_3855 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

I've also bought a few other items to be fitted next weekend, or further on down the line.

I'm not a massive fan of the standard 'Renault Sport' badge, so that will be coming off next weekend before I give the car a detail.

7575696662_9963a328ed_z.jpg

IMG_3856 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

And then a '197 style' badge will put in it's place

7575830836_5f406248c5_z.jpg

IMG_3862 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

I've also sourced a decat of the yozza, a Scorpion RS192 one in fact. So that will be going on at some point, when I get a new cat fitting kit and a lambda blanking plug.

7575770604_bd55ae1644_z.jpg

IMG_3860 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

Next weekend I'll be changing the engine and gearbox oil, so I've got a new filter and washers to go on too

7575801470_19c8df258b_z.jpg

IMG_3861 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

I've also got a new pollen filter to fit next weekend too

7575856242_41a3f98aac_z.jpg

IMG_3863 by Joe_Harding, on Flickr

That's it really for now :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Re: XxHarDinGxX's Project Racing Blue

RB = the dogs b****cks!! :approve:

really like that, spray the front grills satin black maybe ?

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

RB = the dogs b****cks!! :approve:

really like that, spray the front grills satin black maybe ?
Agreed :)

Respray = stone chips ;) All the exterior plastics will be treated with Gtech C4 after I've finished the paintwork.

Pretty sure the stripes are supposed to stop above the RS badge, yours may be aftermarket.
Hmm, maybe they are then.

Looks good mate, I need to give the headlight correction a go.

I should really start one of these, I have just got a decatted Yozza system for the Cup at least we can be deaf together :)

RDH

ClioSport Club Member

Lovely mate! I need a new year numberplate light aswell. And you can polish my headlights for me too :)

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

Agreed :)

Respray = stone chips ;) All the exterior plastics will be treated with Gtech C4 after I've finished the paintwork.

nice one. clean example to start with. just abit of elbo grease here and there shall do it good ;)

as for the stripes. just take the lower bit off under the badge

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

Looks good mate, I need to give the headlight correction a go.

I should really start one of these, I have just got a decatted Yozza system for the Cup at least we can be deaf together :)
They're really simple to do to be honest :)

Haha yep, I think you right about going deaf. They sound so much better with a decat though imo :)

Lovely mate! I need a new year numberplate light aswell. And you can polish my headlights for me too :)
Thanks mate :)

The number plate light makes a huge difference for what it is so you might as well buy a new one. And sure. I'm a bit busy in the next few weeks, but I'll let you no when I'm free :)

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

nice one. clean example to start with. just abit of elbo grease here and there shall do it good ;)

as for the stripes. just take the lower bit off under the badge
I'm a bit too fussy tbh:eek:

I've though about doing that, but it might be a slightly different colour underneath so I'm not sure.

Fiesta ST + Clio 182

where di you get the replacement reg light from pal?

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

I'm a bit too fussy tbh:eek:

I've though about doing that, but it might be a slightly different colour underneath so I'm not sure.

aint we all. im never buying a shed like mine again :eek:
clean flame red 172 will do me nicely

naaa will be same colour imo. just needs the surounding area polishing up to match

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

aint we all. im never buying a shed like mine again :eek:
clean flame red 172 will do me nicely

naaa will be same colour imo. just needs the surounding area polishing up to match
Do it mate!

I may give a go. I'll have to take my brave pills ;)

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

My stripes also go down to the bottom of the boot, too. They were on from new from Renault.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

Do it mate!

I may give a go. I'll have to take my brave pills ;)

i will find one, eventually. all the one's iv seen are to far gone. and no belts history :S

it'll be rate. just looks abit odd stopping then starting after the badge.

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

i will find one, eventually. all the one's iv seen are to far gone. and no belts history :S

it'll be rate. just looks abit odd stopping then starting after the badge.

Like I say, mine is exactly the same, on from new. It just seems that there isn't an actual "this is right" way of striping. It just subjective on whoever fits them. My missus' old RB182 had them down to the badge, too.

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

Like I say, mine is exactly the same, on from new. It just seems that there isn't an actual "this is right" way of striping. It just subjective on whoever fits them. My missus' old RB182 had them down to the badge, too.

true, in another respect, you get use to it in a while. thats to say aslong as they are OEM or equivilant to then all is good. i pure hate halfraud style stripes...

UR R26R.5, VW Golf R

Mustn't be a specific way of striping them then, down to the dealer...

That's what I thought too mate. I wanted to take them off but I'm very wary of the paintwork condition underneath. Plus the niggling feeling that I actually like the stripes as it gives the car an individual look and Gordini style. Not that anyone else realises on the road. Probably all think they're viper stripes.

Joe#

ClioSport Club Member

As long as its oem I'm happy.

The previous owner did mention them being genuine stripes, and said it had a piece of paper in with the service book. I need to have a look.

That's what I thought too mate. I wanted to take them off but I'm very wary of the paintwork condition underneath. Plus the niggling feeling that I actually like the stripes as it gives the car an individual look and Gordini style. Not that anyone else realises on the road. Probably all think they're viper stripes.

Id definatly keep them on mate, wish mine had them :eek:

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa

it's possibly, hold on.... IS the ONLY colour that pulls the stripes off very well. any other colour and its wrong ( clio's anyway )

Sam

North East
ClioSport Area Rep

Wow. Looks really clean.

I need to do my headlights as well but i dont want to mess it up! :(

Still hate you :(

Leave the stripes on so I can take mine off when I get one :p