ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

5 Stud Conversion

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

Ive got a 1999 1.2 RN clio, and i need to get it to a 5 stud.

Whats the easiest way to do this? Also in the process i want to get rid of the rear drum brakes for a disc conversion.

what the easier way to make my clio a 5 stud? Can you just buy something to do this?

thanks

ST

Excuse my ignorance but why do you want to convert the rear to discs? Are you dropping in a megane engine or something?

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

for looks to be honest. Still having 325mm 4 Pots up front lol, For looks again lol.

Can you imagine a 19" rim with a drum behind? lol

Was goignto drop a 225 engine in eventually, but got ALOT of work to be done before i get the engine done.

dont they make 4 stud 19"s?

iirc you can get an adapter that attaches to the hub, making it 5 stud... but i cant see this being too safe/reliable.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

I thought that it would be farfrom ideal, so I presume that ill needa full megane/laguna hub conversion?

the 19s i want are 5 stud :( my other choice is 18s, which are again 5 stud :(

You might find going to a new Megan hub setup at the front etc is easier but thats probaly custom work and difficult.

Spacer adapters is your best bet IMO.

No need for disks at the back there to small anayway so there not going to stand out that much.

Megan 225 engine is expensive if your going to build it to a high spec. Custom ECU minimum which is £1k including mapping then the gearbox will be fun trying to get it to work (its hydrolic). Plus the stock box is huge I forget how Freds doing the conversion.

A 172 conversion is much eaiser for £1.5k for all the bits suspension brakes etc.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

isa 172 conversion that cheap?

Id turbo the 172 engine though for the wahhhhhhhh tcshhhh :).

Fred said its £6k for the conversion, which i didnt think was bad at all?

I would get a Big brake covnersion and Hi spec calipers on the rear, again purely for looks. 285mm drilled discs on the back, mmmmmmmmmmm :)

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

my cars already quite modified and, i cant be arsed to start again lol. I cant insure a 172 or anything at the moment, as i am only 17.

speak to phantome46, his pink modded valver runs 19s see what set up he has used.

to get anything over 16s on a non valver arched clio is a bit of a mission, if your planning 19s on a normal clio, id forget it tbh.

as for the brakes, you wont ned huge discs on the rear !
as nearly all of the braking is done by the front.

Quote: Originally posted by Crazy Clio on 31 August 2005

my cars already quite modified and, i cant be arsed to start again lol. I cant insure a 172 or anything at the moment, as i am only 17.
i would check that you can insure all the mods youve talked about then... because im sure the insurance will end up being the same as insuring a 172.

you will need more than luck then if its that shape !

not to mention the huge hike in insurance for the wheels & custom bits etc, plus the engine conversion.

personally i dont think its worth it, but hey its your money - love to see the finished result !

Quote: Originally posted by Crazy Clio on 31 August 2005

isa 172 conversion that cheap?

Id turbo the 172 engine though for the wahhhhhhhh tcshhhh :).

Fred said its £6k for the conversion, which i didnt think was bad at all?
Thats just the price of the parts for a 172 conversion and Im assuming you have a Mk2 car?

Waste of time turboing the 172 engine might as well get a Velsatis/megan/laguna 2.0 turbo engine its a better turbo engine.

I think Freds spent £5k on bit and its not even started to go in his car yet so there a load more to spend.

If you want the tsssss turbo nise get a GTT engine ftted only 1.4 so cheap possibly on the insurance and with the right bits 200hp reliably is possible.

Hondata'd EP3 Type R

so far every single mod is insured, from the silver tec bulbs, to the rims and carbon bonnet.

i mean by the time i get round to gettign an engine, im talking years, my insurance should be a little better.

i dont actually bothered about speed, its dangerous, and there is no wheer to use it other than tracks (which is where clio cups come into it :D) but i cant have a wide arched custom kitted clio on 19s with a 1.2 lol.