ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

2015 MacBook?

dk

911 GTS Cab
anyone got one?

Looking to replace my 11" air and this looks to be a better alternative than going for another air.

Anyone used one, got any opinion on them?

Looking at the £1300 one with 512gb SSD.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Im buying one either tomorrow or tues afternoon.

Im just going for the £999 option with 128Gb Hard drive & 8Gb of Ram as i still have my Late 2011 Macbook Pro & an old 2008 Macbook Unibody.

dk

911 GTS Cab
i thought there were only 2 options £1049 for a 256GB and 1299 for the 512GB?

i was going to buy one today but decided at 4:30 and the local PCWorld closes at 4:30 dammit, so was going to pick one up in London tomorrow.

I have a 2011 Pro 17", so this is to replace my travel machine in the Air, which i think is a 2010, only has 128GB SSD and its too small, its always full, mainly because its my iTunes machine too and so has about 60GB of music on it.

gambit

ClioSport Club Member
  182 Trophy
I have the 15" 2.5Ghz version with 512gb storage. Its very capable and powerful enough to run pretty much anything. I presume your looking at the 13" version at that price point. There is not much that it can't do either. Certainly more powerful than an air, also have an older mac book air 13" and its certainly more flexible to carry around. Also depends what you will use it for to determine whether its worth the upgrade.

dk

911 GTS Cab
i think you're talking about the macbook pro?
I'm talking about the Macbook, which are all 12"

charltjr

ClioSport Club Member
Have you tried the keyboard? I had a quick go on one and really didn't like the feel of it, the key travel is incredibly short. The rest of it is great though.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Too late, popped into harrods at lunchtime #properballer and picked one up.

Annoying they didn't have any cases, had to get the adaptet thing too which gives you charge port, USB and hdmi.

Very impressed so far, keys are strange as you say but I like it, screen is amazing, trackpad is cool, it's even smaller than my 11" air too.

Went for slate grey 512gb.

It's crazy how thin it is, really can't understand how they can get all that and a 9hr battery in something that thin.

Cayman S Edition 1
Love the new MacBooks, but what a shame they got rid of the magnetic power cable.

dk

911 GTS Cab
Yeah, must admit it's not easy to get the adapter in the hole, sure it'll get easier as I get used to it.

Deeg

ClioSport Club Member
Magsafe 2 is incredibly s**t compared to MagSafe 1, so I'm sure it will be an improvement on 2.

dk

911 GTS Cab
never used a magsafe 2, all mine are 1, but this is quite a bit more difficult to get in the slot, its like a tiny usb port, like the ones on phones, but theres very little help getting it in, its hard to describe.

Loving the keyboard though.

AdDaMan

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah i have a 2015 Retina and the Magsafe is s**t compared to my old one. It sticks out too far so becomes on plugged every 5 seconds when its on your lap.

dk

911 GTS Cab
loving the macbook, seriously good bit of kit.

Force touch trackpad is ace, really nice feature, especially love the extra click, does really useful things like brings up the dictionary on any word, but the best feature is previewing web links rather than having to go through to them or open a new tab, thats ingenious.

only negative so far is the connectivity and power connector all using the USB C-type, theres not even a light to let you know its charging or fully charged, but its a small price to pay for everything else the laptop provides, can see me taking this everywhere, and perfect for traveling.